Chapter 7

Hey you guys! I'm so happy that we have all made it this far. Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments and waiting patiently for each chapter. I hope you enjoy this chapter too!

Happy reading!😁❤️
-----------------------------------------------------------

She was meeting him at the courtyard gate once more. Dressed in a deep blue off shoulder dress that hugged her body but fell loosely around her feet, the dress made her look like a mermaid. She had switched to a blue mask this time to match her outfit and was ofcourse wearing blue heels.

As she approached the gate, she saw a limousine parked near it and almost rolled her eyes.

"Go big or go home" seemed to have become Edmond's moto wherever cars were concerned.

Soon enough Edmond emerged from the back seat door of the car and she breathed deeply at the sight of him. Coincidentally he seemed to be having the same reaction on looking at her.

"WOW!" He exclaimed finally.

"Wow yourself!" She replied admiringly. He was wearing a steel grey suit paired with a white shirt and a deep blue tie matched to the colour of her dress. He wore his usual black mask that went superbly with his suit.

"You pulled out all the stops for this event didn't you?" She grinned.

"Of course! Company policy!" He laughed. "Now I finally have a woman on my arm too who is..." He tilted his head cutely to the side. "Quite honestly putting everything else in the shade"

She fake gasped and placed her hand on her chest, "Did you just compliment me? Did I accidentally enter another dimension? What is happening??" She laughed.

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah slip of tongue. Won't happen again." He laughed.

She laughed too. "Seriously though. Thank you." She glanced at him.

He looked at her affectionately and smiled.

He opened the back seat door of the limo for her to enter and after she did, he got in from the other side.

"Hey, you're sitting in the back too? Who's driving?"

He pointed at the driver seated in the driver's seat. "Say hi to Tom!"

"Oh wow! Okay." She exclaimed, "Hi Tom."

"Good evening ma'am." He smiled at her though the front mirror.

She smiled back before turning to Edmond and raising her eyebrows in admiration.

He winked at her.

The journey was quite comfortable and Jane thoroughly enjoyed being treated royally. This time it didn't bother her in the least because she knew that Edmond was definitely not doing this for her. He was just acting as his company expected of him and she was simply a happy part of it.

When they arrived at the location, Edmond once again got out and opened the door for her.

"Shall we?" He offered her his arm which she slid her hand into.

"Sure" she smiled. "This doesn't make you even a bit uncomfortable?" She asked as an afterthought.

"What do you think?" He whispered in her ear smile still plastered on his face for the benefit of the countless ladies and gentlemen scattered all around them.

"I think you hate it" she whispered back.

"Bang on!" He whisper screamed in her ear, smile still plastered on his face.