Chapter 5

Hey y'all! I'm thoroughly enjoying you all feeling the same way I felt while writing this book. My characters thank you for your constant support...as do I!

So Jane and Edmond seem to be getting along well...Hope there are only good things in store now...
Happy reading!😁❤️
---------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few weeks now since Jane and Edmond had began texting each other on their burner phones. The chats had been almost a continuous conversation with the other person replying whenever he or she was free.

They had also been meeting every weekend like always and had become closer than ever. They did all kinds of things, sometimes going out to play in parks or attending music concerts but often just sitting and talking for hours together on the bench at the centre of the courtyard. It was like having a secret person to go back to at the end of the day or week, remove the metaphorical mask they normally wore in front of the people they knew and just be themselves.

The irony was not lost on Jane that by wearing a mask in front of Edmond, she was actually being more real and genuine than she had ever been with any one else whom she interacted with, without wearing a mask.

She was currently sitting opposite a couple who had recently opened up a restaurant and were doing reasonably well.

"Trying to convince a couple to buy my product for their restaurant. It's so distracting though cuz they just won't keep their hands off each other" She had texted him last before sitting down with them.

She was attempting to convince them how purchasing her company's ERP software would help them scale up their business and cut costs.

"Wow. So I'm guessing the customers aren't the only ones enjoying the restaurants hot dogs and melons? "

Her phone was lying on the wooden table in front of her facing upwards but thankfully the couple being on the other side of the table was unable to see it. She smirked as she read it and then immediately turned her phone face down.

"Why are you smiling?" The guy asked Jane as his girlfriend sat on his lap combing her fingers through his hair.

Jane smiled at the couple confidently even though her mind raced for answers.

"I just realised something..." She began talking without any clue about what she had apparently realised.

The customers aren't the only ones enjoying the restaurants hot dogs and melons..

She had to stop herself from laughing.

The couple looked on eagerly.

Wait. The customers aren't the only ones....

Something clicked.

She changed her approach. She continued this time knowing what she had to say. "I realised that you two really need our ERP software."

"No. We have been through this. We can manage the restaurant just fine without it. We can manually keep records of everything. We don't need to spend money on your expensive software."

"I will not argue there. But tell me, how much time does it take you both to do all that? Probably the entire day?"

They didn't argue.

She pressed on. "And how much time do you really get to spend with each other?"

Silence.

She drove the point home. "Buy the software and no matter how many restaurants you decide to run in the future, you save enough time to spend it on your love life. I mean you do want to keep the magic alive right?"