Chapter 6

Heyy you guys! I published the 5th chapter and my reads increased by so many lol. Still figuring out how this stuff works...

But anyway....are you all excited?!! The next day... Wonder what's gonna happen... Maybe it will be same old same old...or maybe.....

Anyways y'all, you guys are awesome! Happy reading!😁❤️
------------------------------------------------------------

She had just come back from work and was removing her heels, getting ready for the weekend, when her burner phone rang.

"Edmond, hey! What's up? Did you get to work all right today?" She asked in a great mood.

His voice came after a few seconds, "Yeah...um...hey" he replied softly. "Uh..I...I did. I got to work alright." He answered his voice stressed.

She sensed it immediately.

"What's the matter, Edmond? Are you okay?"

He once again took time to reply. "Jane, I need to talk to you." He got it out atlast.

She sensed that this was something bad and she sincerely hoped it wasn't what she thought it was.

Aghhh how could she have been so clumsy!! This could ruin everything. Hangovers are obviously not a sure shot memory eraser!!

"Sure, tell me." She tried to keep her calm. It could be something entirely different.

"No, I..uh...need to talk to you in person?"

Her heart beat sped up. This was bad.

"I'm meeting you in person tomorrow." She tried hopefully.

"No...today...Now....if possible.."

She shut her eyes tightly shut before replying. "Um hmm."

"Great...thanks. I can pick you up from wherever you want...It will be dark by the time we reach the courtyard so..."

"Okay. Okay." She replied. "I'll text you a location. Meet me there in half an hour?"

"Sure. Okay" he replied. "Uh...Jane?"

"Yeah?"

"You sound like a kidnapper." He said softly.

She smiled at his humour inspite of the knowledge he quite probably had. But all she was able to reply with was, "um hmm"

She texted him an address a few blocks away from her house, wore her mask, her shoes and left.

She saw a black car parked on the side of the road when she reached the place.

"Hey!" He said sweetly.

She smiled as she got into the front seat.

"In the mood for a ride?" He asked softly.

It wasn't lost on her that he was being excessively polite.

She almost scoffed but replied casually, "Sure"

He started the car and began driving as she simply closed her eyes and leaned back in her seat waiting for her doom. It was as scary as it was humiliating.

She didn't know if what she said last night had made him see her differently, lose respect for her, distance himself from her, or worse...had made him want to break his friendship with her.

She kept her eyes shut tightly as the car moved, hoping that the journey would end quickly.

After a while she felt the car slowing down and eventually coming to a stop. She opened her eyes to see that Edmond had parked the car alongside a long empty road, with trees on either side forming a sort of canopy above them. It was a beautiful place.