Chapter 9

Heyyo! Are you guys enjoying the book? I always appreciate constructive feedback.  And I am enjoying how deep Jane and Edmond's relationship has grown since we first began.

Before you guys start reading though please remember that I love you all and I want to tell y'all to brace yourselves. That's all. 😂

Happy reading!😁❤️
-----------------------------------------------------------

"The targets we aimed at achieving are here. This is what we've got so far..." The sales manager went on and on as Jane zoned out. It was the same thing every month.

Her burner phone rang.

All eyes turned to her and she immediately cut the call.

"So as I was saying..." The manager continued.

Her burner rang again relentlessly.

"Sera, either silence that damn thing or get out of the meeting!" Her now annoyed sales manager yelled.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Sera said frantically as she cut the call once more , put the phone on vibrate and put it in her purse.

As the meeting continued she felt her purse vibrate two...no three times.

3 messages. It must be urgent.

But there was nothing she could do. She had to wait for the meeting to end before she could call Edmond back.

She kept tapping her toe impatiently waiting for the meeting to end.

"...I want better results this month! Now get out!"

That's it. She jumped up from her seat as soon as her manager said those words. She went to the corridor and immediately took out her burner phone and read her messages.

Message 1:
Jane pick up! Pick uppp!!!

Message 2:
Tried calling you twice. I'm leaving the country for work. Can't take my burner. Won't be in touch.

Message 3:
Don't worry about it. I'll be back in a few days. Take care.

What?!

She immediately called him back.

2 rings...5 rings....8 rings...call not answered.

She called him again.

2 rings...5 rings....8 rings...call not answered.

Damnit!

He had probably already left.

A million questions went through her mind.

Where was he going? Why did he suddenly have to leave the country? Why couldn't he be in touch with her? And the biggest one of all...when would he come back?

She decided to text him back so he could see the text when ever he came back.

"Okay. I hope you have a great time. Take care."

She decided to send him another text.

"Do let me know when you get back."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks later...

Sera had been a mess. She had tried keeping it together for so long especially for outward appearances but she had failed miserably. Edmond was gone. Gone. Disappeared in thin air.

Not only did she worry about him, she missed him so very much. She didn't realise until he was gone, how dependent she had become on him and how used to his presence she had become. It was like a void had been created in her life that was sucking the energy out of her.