Chapter 11

Hey you guys! We're continuing with the story through Edmond's eyes. I sincerely hope things get better for the both of them soon enough.

I care about my readers so I must know...how you guys holding up? Hang in there, okay? I love y'all!

Happy reading!😁❤️
--------------------------------------------------------------

Cole had finally come back after a trip that he thought would kill him. 5 weeks! It had been 5 weeks. Pretending not to be too excited, he headed home in a cab and grabbed his burner the minute he reached home.

He had every intention of calling up Jane and telling her how sorry he was that he had broken contact with her so suddenly and so severely and how he was so very excited to meet her and hear her voice again.

He ignored the message notifications and called her number immediately. The call didn't go through.

He frowned and tried again.

It didn't connect.

That was weird.

He slipped off his bag from his shoulder, removed his shoes and his shirt and decided to go through the messages.

Day 1
Okay. I hope you have a great time. Take care.

Do let me know when you get back.

He smiled. I'm back. I'm back now. He wanted to tell her. 

He went through the next few messages.

Day 3
Hey. Hope you're doing okay. Was bored...

Day 6
I'm wondering what you're upto....

Day 7
Just curious..how many days is a few days? It's usually less than a week. The week got over today. Why didn't you tell me exactly how long you'd be gone for??

He gulped. He should have told her how long he'd be gone for. He should have told her! He rebuked himself.

He continued reading.

Day 8
I heard a really funny joke today....

You know what...never mind.

Day 9
I miss you Edmond. Please come back soon.

Day 13
Seriously Edmond! Where the hell are you??? I waited patiently for soo many days. It's been 13 days already. When are you coming back???

Day 14
Been two weeks now buddy. Do I need to worry about you?

You know I really wanted to go to the courtyard today just hoping that maybe..maybe I'll see you there..

You know what..I'm being dumb. Ignore my last message.

He was filled with more and more guilt as he read through her messages. He felt everything that she had been going through and just how much he had hurt her. He detested being the reason why she felt so miserable.

He forced himself to continue reading.

Day 17
Edmond did I do something wrong? Why would you leave me so suddenly without even giving me a proper reason??

Day 18
Are we even friends anymore?

How many weeks of no contact make you a stranger with your best friend?

Day 19
I wish there was some way in which I could find you even if you push me away after that. I just need to know that you're alive and well.