Chapter 1 ***

*Yo guys! So, I'm editing it! Now, if you remember the book well, you will notice a pretty big difference, and there will still be a difference with the next 10 chapters or so, but I will work hard on editing them, it should only take a day or so since this only took me about an hour to edit. So, if I'm lazy, it might be a while for the rest of the chapters to be done since I still need to write a chapter for My Angel, but enjoy this for now. I've also updated the prologue as well so it's not as... well... weird. Anyway, have a good one guys! Also, if the chapter has the triple asterisk, it's been edited if you get lost on what chapters have been edited or not. Bye guys!* 

Chapter 1:

Felix's P.O.V

For me, it was an ordinary day. I woke up on my couch after almost pulling an all-nighter, listening to my parents fighting about Oscar, my little brother. I get it, he's not like he used to be, please stop yelling about it. But to be honest, I didn't worry about losing sleep. Sleep was a rare occurrence for me, well, comfortable sleep that is.

Besides, Oscar was my fault. A few years ago, Oscar had an accident. I shouldn't have forced him to climb the tree with me, but I wanted to share the experience with Oscar. It was his first time, and I pushed him too hard— but I just wanted to show him something amazing!

There was a tree, around the corner from my house, which I used to climb all the time when I needed to think. But one day I was with Oscar, and I thought he would love the view, remembering he liked to draw landscapes, so I thought the view would be good for him to draw, but that when it happened. I was encouraging him to climb up to where I was so he could see what I saw, his foot slipped. I grabbed his wrist but it was too late, his wrist slipped through my hands and he fell.

The doctors said if he had fallen from any higher, he would have died. But I guess you could call him lucky, but he became paraplegic. This accident ruined my family. It was my entire fault— I felt so guilty; I turned to the 'dark side'. I became a Goth and began looking at weird things like magic. But I knew it wasn't real I just messed around with it in hopes of finding some way to fix Oscar, but that never happened. It was my fault, and I guess I just wanted to see if there was a way that I could possibly fix everything.

I sighed sitting up on my couch staring at myself in the mirror to my left. My dyed black hair was unruly, with my little red hair extension at the back of my head, my brown roots peeking through. My eyes were surrounded by smudged eyeliner from the day before. I sighed confused. Why did I feel so weird today? Did I eat something weird yesterday—? Oh, never mind.

I growled before standing up and walking over to my cupboard when all of my clothes are held when not spread all over the floor I rolled my eyes and pulled out a grey long-sleeved shirt and a black shirt with a white/grey bird on it. I pulled on my necklaces and bracelets, not bothering to change my jeans, which weren't visibly dirty.

In the distance— aka the distance across my backyard to my house, since I live in the bungalow in the backyard, ever since Oscar's accident, I just couldn't live in the house anymore. So I moved my double bed which was rarely ever slept in since I mostly slept on the couch and I grabbed my cupboard and went out and brought a new clothing taste, and a whole bunch of creepy Halloween stuff, which is stupid considering Australia doesn't celebrate Halloween.

I walked out of my room and into the yard where the yelling of my parents was louder. I sighed before lowering my eyes and walking in the back door to where the yelling was the loudest.

"KATHY! HE IS NOT SICK!" My Dad, Ken screamed at my mother. I instantly knew what they were fighting over— Oscar. I sighed as I listened to my mother retaliate,

"YES, HE IS! HE HAS A FEVER! WE NEED TO GET HIM TO THE DOCTORS!" My Dad sighed giving in,

"Fine," I quickly walked into the kitchen grabbing a banana and a granola bar, before running out of the house before they could ask me to do anything. Once outside I saw my friend, Ellen, sitting on the side of the street out front of my house, waiting for me.