Chapter 4***

*@ I think this belongs here. There's a little thingy at the end.* 

Chapter 4:

Jake's P.O.V

"FELIX, LOOK OUT!" I called out as I watched Felix walk out onto the road without looking. He looked up with a dazed look on his face. My hand quickly launched itself out, grabbing a hold of my gothic boy's wrist, and pulling him toward me. I wrapped my arms around him. The car that he was about to walk into zoomed on past, tooting it's horn at us.

"Holy shit that was close." I wrapped my arms tighter around him, one hand sitting on his head, and the other around his waist. My body shivered slightly at the shock of seeing Felix almost be hit by a car, but I began freaking out more when I turned my gaze to Felix.

Felix's arms just lay limply at his sides. I was confused; I pulled him away from me and placed my hands on his shoulders, shaking him lightly. Is he in shock? Is there anything I can do to wake him up from it?

"Felix— look at me," His eyes refused to come up and meet mine. His body tensed, so I knew I got his attention, but it wasn't fully on me. I growled grabbing a hold of his chin and moving his head so his eyes were connected with mine.

"Why did you do that?" I frowned confused at his question. What does he mean by that? Did he think I wasn't going to grab him?

"Felix, what do you mean? Why did I save you? Is that what you mean?" Felix nodded shyly, his face flushing with embarrassment. Why wouldn't I save him?! That's the human thing to do!

"Yeah— I mean come on, what difference would it of made? It was probably just karma coming back to get me after two years." When those words left Felix's mouth, I just wanted to cry. For a moment, I was lost to what he meant, but then I remembered. His brother's accident.

Was that Felix's fault? Or did he just believe it was his fault? I don't know the actual story behind it, but I knew enough to know that Felix changed after it, and Oscar was bound to a wheelchair.

"Felix, how could you say something like that? I never want to hear you say that again! Oscar accident was not your fault, okay! I just— I don't know what to say, but I will say this. If you ever, even consider doing something like that, I will— I don't know; punish you somehow without killing you, or hurting you for that matter. Okay? You are not ever leaving me." Emotions slammed into my body at the thought of losing Felix, even though I just got him and I shouldn't be acting like but the thought of Felix thinking his life was worth nothing to anyone was something I couldn't handle. Felix looked into my eyes, tears welling up.

"No one has ever said something like to me before." I smiled weakly at him, my emotions still controlling my body.

"That's because I needed to say it first." Felix smiled weakly back at me and it caused my smile to grow. I wish Felix would smile more often. I just wanted to be able to see it more.

"I think I need to get home and sit down." I nodded as we started on our way again, and this time, crossed the road after checking and continued on our way to Felix's house.

So many thoughts were running through my head at the thought of going to Felix's house and not doing anything bad. Was his family going to be home? Do they know I bully him? What about his brother?

But when we got there, the house was empty. I looked around confused; didn't he live here with his parents and his brother? New questions ran through my head as I pondered where his family was and I guess Felix knew what I was thinking.

"They're at the doctor's again." I turned to Felix who had his head in the fridge, his butt sticking out. I bit my lip and resisted the urge to giggle; my mind constantly on the subject of something about Felix's body. It was just so cute, and the reactions I got out of him! I shook my head losing the thought and asked,