Chapter 2 ***

Chapter 2:

Jake's P.O.V

I don't know why I did it. I wasn't thinking, and I'm sure I've just made everything worse— well was anything good about this, to begin with? I was just sick of these feelings, wait— was I sick of them, or did I just want them to be real? To bring them to life— that would simply make my world. But, I remember the day everything started like it was yesterday.

*Flashback A Month Ago*

"Where you running freak?!" I called out to the Gothic boy who was now running from me. This was normal; he never stood up to me, only Trent or Dylan. I laughed as I ran after him, gaining on him quickly, before pulling him into a classroom, proceeding to close and lock the door. I smirked as a panicked look crossed his face. My smirk faltered slightly. I began to feel bad for doing this,

"Don't be scared Freak— this won't hurt— much," Where did that moment of weakness come from? It was so sudden it shocked me, but before Felix could notice I pulled myself together, and the panicked expression excited me. It simply made me want to hurt him until he was useless, ha, like he wasn't really. I shook my head and regained my sanity before advancing on the freak and lifting him up by his shirt. He didn't even bother trying to run away from me, it was useless now.

"Let go of me." His words were strong, but the fear was evident. I scoffed at his lame attempt of trying to escape,

"Or what, Freak? You gonna set your girlfriend onto me?" The word 'Girlfriend' left a bad taste in my mouth, but what was baffling was Felix's confused expression,

"I don't— have a girlfriend." For some reason, I felt happy about that. But, I thought he was dating that weird Goth chick he hangs out with. Oh well, I guess I was wrong.

"Then no one can help you." With that, I punched him in the stomach, but something felt weird about it. I felt like pins and needles were up to my arms, making them useless against Felix. I then dropped him to the ground, annoyed that my arms didn't want to work. I lifted my leg back and slammed the tip right into Felix's ribcage, the same feeling appearing again in my foot.

My eyes widened and I took a step back from Felix, confused about what was going on. I wanted to hurt Felix, but somewhere deep inside of me, I felt bad for doing it. Before I could stop myself, I had turned around, unlocking the door and I bolted out of the room and away from Felix as fast as I could.

*Over*

That night the dreams started. They weren't ordinary dreams, they were about Felix— and he and I were together— doing stuff, like sexual stuff. It freaked me right out, but after a while I liked it— I liked him. At least I think I did. It took a bit of getting used to, but soon enough, my feelings for Felix really were real, and all I wanted was to be close to Felix.

But I knew I couldn't do that. I was his bully, and if I were to be close to him, it would be to bully him. And if Trent and Dylan are around, then I really can't do it. Every time Trent or Dylan suggest we should beat Felix up, my stomach churns and I want to hit them for suggesting something so stupid.

Then today I lost control. I made sure not to mess with Felix. Trent and Dylan never start anything unless I start it first, so we just walked past. But I needed contact; so I ditched Trent and Dylan and went out looking for Felix. When I found him, he was having a heated argument with Sam Conte, my sort of friend.

When I cut in, Felix was pissed. But his demeanour changed the second he looked at me. I made sure not to look at him because I knew I would be screwed otherwise. That's when I looked at him, and I knew I had to do something, even if it would screw me for life, my feelings beginning to take over control of my body and brain.