Epilogue***

Epilogue:

It's been ten years since Jake finally made me completely his. We were living in central Melbourne and it was far different from our small little Bremin. I guess we were still almost getting used to it. We've been living in Melbourne since we entered University.

Surprisingly, Jake didn't go to Uni for a sports or anything involving a team. He went for a teaching course, teaching P.E and health and human development. It was an odd choice, but in the end, I think it suited him. He was good at guiding people as they developed. It showed with our son, Declan.

Jake and I adopted him when we were nineteen. Declan was six when we adopted him. He was thirteen now. He was in high school while I was doing a partial home study and school study of psychology.

I got into the study when I was in my final years of high school. I wanted to be able to help people that didn't feel happy with themselves and I wanted them to be able to feel happy about everything. That was when I thought about adopting a child.

Since I was already only doing a partial home study, I knew I would be able to stay at home with a child. It took a while for Jake and me to decide how old we wanted the child to be, but we chose an older child since younger kids generally have a better chance of being adopted.

Declan was nice. He was a good boy and he talked to us. He always wanted to have a nice, happy family and now he had it. He had us. We were happy. Jake had finished his university study and was teaching part time and coaching at the nearest footy oval. We lived a happy life.

I lifted my head and turned my head to the clock. It was nearing four, meaning Jake will be home to drop Declan off from school. Jake would then have to head back out and head down to the footy oval for a coaching session.

"Dad! I'm home!" A smile graced my face at the sound of my son's voice. I stood up from my desk and walked out of the spare room we used as a study.

"Hey Dec, how was school?" I walked into the foyer where Declan was taking off his shoes. I smiled at him, he's gotten bigger again. I swear, this kid was going to be bigger than Jake, and Jake was bigger than me.

"Yeah, it was good. Evan was there today." I smiled at him. Evan was one of Declan's few friends. Evan was a boy who was constantly sick so he mainly studied from home, so him being at school was something nice for Declan. Evan was his closest friend.

"That's good. Was he feeling a little better?" Declan nodded, his head of brown hair shaking around. I remember the day he decided to grow his hair out a little. He saw an old photo of me when I was fifteen. My hair was long, around near my shoulders. This, of course, was before Oscar's accident. I cut my hair a little shorter after that incident and it didn't change until I was about eighteen, and I cut it to an even shorter length, leaving me with more of a normal hairstyle.

Declan stood up straight. Wow, I forget how handsome my son was. He was going to be a lady-killer, or boy, whatever he prefers. He was already standing at my shoulders in height. He had thin shoulders and his frame was similar to mine. He has light brown hair, which stood out next to mine or Jake's. Jake's being dirty blonde while mine had returned to its natural dark brown.

We let Declan choose what school he went to, meaning he wore a simple uniform since he chose a public school. Jake and I didn't really care where Declan went to school, just as long as he was happy and had friends.

"Will Dad be home for tea?" I shrugged at Declan. It was a Thursday meaning Jake would more than likely be late back from the footy oval.

"I think you know the answer to that question." Declan sighed sadly and I frowned. I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug. "Sweetie, football was his passion when we were your age, just let the poor boy love it for a little longer." I didn't want to say that Jake didn't want to end up like his Dad, someone who loved football from the couch and was lazy. We didn't talk about Jake's Dad much. In the end, he wasn't very supportive of us since he was too self-absorbed, it was near impossible for us to even tell him.

"Yeah. Okay." I frowned. Declan loved his Dad and was sad whenever he wasn't there for tea, which was only two or three nights a week, but he always made sure to go give Declan a kiss goodnight, even if he was already asleep.

"Well, do you know what happening once holidays start?" I let Declan out of the hug and he gave me a confused look as we walked to his bedroom so he could get changed.

"No, what happening?" I smiled at him. I really hope he likes this news.

"We may or may not be going to Bremin to see my brother." At the mention of Oscar, Declan jumped up. Shortly after Jake and I got together, Oscar became critically sick. It turns out his immune system was using too much energy trying to repair his spinal cord, that he was open to harmful viruses, meaning he was constantly sick. He was hospitalised and was in a coma for a week as his body worked to rid itself of the virus and try to heal him at the same time.

As time passed, technology advanced and the ability to re-write the coding for his immune system was altered, and his body put all of its effort towards healing and keeping away viruses, meaning that Oscar was no longer sick, nor was he in constant pain. He was better nowadays, still paralysed, but he was happy. He loved seeing his nephew.

"No way!" I smiled and nodded. Declan's smile grew and he laughed as he went and laid down on his bed.

"Yep. For the entire first week." Declan threw his fist up in the air with happiness. I leant against his door, happy to see Declan so pumped. "So, fast food for dinner?" I had just realised that it was getting late and I hadn't prepped anything for tea. Declan sat up and nodded.

"Sounds good Dad." I smiled widely at him and walked out of the room and back to my study. Declan was a good boy, he'll come and get me when he's hungry.

************************************

"Hey Dad, did you want to go and get food now?" I jumped at the sound of Declan's voice breaking my train of thought as I took notes from a textbook. I swivelled around in my chair and turned to the doorway where Declan was standing, a smile on his lips.

"Yeah, sounds good. What are you hungry for?" Declan shrugged and I laughed, walking out of the room. If Declan doesn't know what he wants, then pizza it is.

"How about we head down the street to the new pizza place, test it out?" Declan's eyes lit up and he nodded.

"Yeah! Sounds good!" I smiled at him and I grabbed my wallet, shoving it in my pocket when I opened the front door to see Jake standing there. I jumped in shock as Jake did the same, not expecting the door to open. "Dad!" Declan jumped on Jake and gave him a big hug. I bit my lip and smiled at the two of them.

"Hi Honey. What are you doing home so early?" Jake shrugged, shaking Declan off of him, making me laugh lightly.

"Most of the boys had rides home this week. You do know it's already six thirty, right?" My eyes widened and I turned to Declan shocked,

"Declan! Why didn't you get me sooner? You must be starving!" Declan flushed red and shrugged,

"I wanted to see if we could go out with Dad. He said he would be home before seven and I heard the car pull up out front." I frowned at Declan as Jake pulled me into a hug, kissing me on the cheek. I frowned and grabbed his face, forcing him to kiss me on the lips. Jake laughed and kissed me. Declan made a grossed out sound from next to us and we broke the kiss.

"Well, since we are going for pizza, did you want to join us Super Dad?" The nickname was a joke between us. Since Jake was always doing so many things, one wouldn't normally have enough time for their family, but Jake made sure to always have time for us.

"Sounds perfect. Shall we go?" I smiled and we all nodded. This was perfect. This was my family, this was my life. My perfect husband and son. Everything was perfect, and we all loved each other.