Chapter 13***

Chapter 13:

Felix's P.O.V

I was smiling. My plan worked. Sam and Andy were together. For once, something I did went right! There was no way that this day could get any worse unless we ran into crazy Ellen and she ruined our day.

"Felix, I feel like you are smiling too much. Is everything okay?" I pulled away and Jake and was walking fast, a smile on my face.

"I feel amazing! Jake, something I did worked! For once in my life, something went right!" Jake smiled weakly.

"Felix, I'm glad you're happy about this. But honestly, should you be this happy about it?" I rolled my eyes and walked back over to Jake, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"Jake, you don't understand. Everything I have ever done has always ended up badly. This is the first thing that I have ever done that has finished with a good ending. It helped that Andy already liked Sam, but even though feelings were already there, it means that everything just had to go well." Jake sighed and looked into my eyes. His eyes were sad. I frowned and pulled away from him, walking ahead.

"Felix—" I ignored him and began running. I wanted to get home and get to my room. The sooner I get away from Jake the sooner I can calm down. I don't want to be in this agitated mood because of Jake.

If he doesn't believe that everything in my life goes wrong then he's wrong. Everything does go wrong. For fuck sake, even Jake and I right now are going wrong! Why can't he at least let me be happy about helping two people get together because one liked the other and secretly, the other liked the first one?

When I arrived home, I slammed open the front door to find Mum running around the lounge, panicked. Oh god— Oscar! Something must have happened. Where's Dad? Where's Oscar? Mum is never this panicked unless Oscar is involved.

"Mum— where the hell is Oscar?" Mum froze for a moment, noticing that I was there, before returning to what she was doing.

"Grab a bag and pack an outfit. Grab whatever you might need." I frowned and walked up to Mum, who had her back to me as she was gathering things and shoving them in a bag. This wasn't good. Mum is normally frantic about Oscar, but if she is saying that I need to pack a bag, then something has gone infinitely wrong, yet why isn't she telling me anything! I need to know!

"Mum— what the hell is going on?" A strangled sound came from Mum and she stopped what she was doing, and stood up and turned to face me, tears running down her eyes— no. This can't be happening. "Mum—" I ran over to her and pulled her into my arms. She hugged me instantly.

"It's Oscar— he passed out in his chair at lunch. He was— was fine— then he— he started feeling— feeling dizzy. And he then— he passed—" Mum stopped talking when she tried to say the words again. I frowned and held her tightly. My stomach churned as the recollection of everything that was happening right now, washed down upon me.

"Mum— go sit on the couch." Mum nodded dully and I moved her to the couch, sitting her on it before moving over to the bag Mum was packing before finishing to pack it. This wasn't good. This had happened once before.

It was long before Oscar was in the chair. He was still up and walking and everything was normal. We were chilling in the backyard, screwing around with each other, once we stopped, Oscar's body shut down, and he fainted.

He was in the hospital for a week, and no one could figure out what was wrong with him. We even had the results sent out of Australia just to figure it out, but no one could come up with an answer.

But Oscar now— now that he was constantly sick because his immune system was trying so hard to fight against the damage his spinal cord took, he can't look after the rest of the sickness he would get, but now— now that this is happening again. Who knows what's going to happen.