Pilot: Pt. 2

Alex's POV

"Bye mom!" I shout as I grab my keys

"Bye mom!" I shout as I grab my keys. "Where are you going?" she asks putting her hands on her hips. "Glee Club field trip. Mandatory attendance" I say rolling my eyes. "Oh okay. Go on. Oh and when you're coming home bring grocery's" she hands me a list and I groan. "I already have to go to some boring performance. Do I have to do this too?" she nods and pushes me out the door. "Make sure you double up on bags!" she shouts and I get into my car. "I hate my life" I grumble. My phone rings and I see that it's Finn. "Hey. Are you on your way" he asks. "Yeah. I'll be there in ten" I hang up and drive off. 

After a short drive I arrive at Finn's house finding him sitting on the curb. "You could've just waited in your house dumbass" I say as she gets in the car. "Then how would I have known you were here?" he's so stupid sometimes. "I would've called or came to your door" I roll my eyes. "Look at that" I look to my right and see Rachel walking then falling. "Holy shit. We should help her" Finn says. "Do we have too?" he doesn't respond and justs gets out of the car. "Great. Rachel Berry" I walk over and help her up. "Thank you" she smooths out her dress. Finn gives me a look and I roll my eyes. "Rachel would you like a ride" I ask flatly. "I would love one" she gets in the front seat and I scoff. "Unbelievable" I get into my side and drive towards the school. 

"Thanks for the ride" Finn says and gets out of the car. Now it's just me and Rachel. "So you gonna get out or?" she sighs and looks at me. "I have a crush on Finn" she blurts out. "Really I never noticed" she folds her arms and glares at me. "Anyways. I wanted to ask him out. Since you two are friends could you help me?" I give her a look. "He's dating Quinn Fabray" her eyes go wide and I try to hold back a laugh. "Cheerleader Quinn Fabray?" I nod. "God I'm such and idiot" she groans putting her head in her hands. "You're not an idiot. You're a teenage girl with a crush. You're just crazy" she chuckles and looks at me. "Wait why aren't you laughing at me then running off the tell Santana?" she asks confused. "I'm not like that. To be honest... I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm like you. I'm a girl with a crush" I groan looking out the window. "Quinn right?" I look back at her shocked. "I see the way you look at her. It's like the way I look at Finn."

"We're both idiots then. I never thought we could bond over crushes Alex" Rachel says and I smile. "Me neither" I turn and face her. "You're really cool Rachel. It's unexpected" she smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Oh okay" I hug her back and she sighs. She pulls back but not fully. She looks at my lips and I clear my throat. I pull away and open my door. "Let's go Berry. We better get inside" I walk out and she follows. This is really awkward. Rachel Berry almost kissed me. I almost kissed her. "You okay?" I get snapped out of my thoughts by Kurt. "I think so"  he pulls me into the line behind Mr. Schue. "Do you wanna go halvsies on a PB and J?" Ms. Pillsbury asks. "That sounds perfect" the walk away and I groan. "Isn't he married?" Kurt asks confused. "Yeah. He's so creepy. He's alway creeping around Cheerios practice. He does it more than Puckerman" I say making Kurt laugh. "How do you know this?" he asks nudging me. "Brittany asks me to come for" I try to think of something. "moral support" I say hesitantly. "Yeah right"

I got M n M's. I fucking love those. "Oh the shows starting" Kurt squeals. "Great. More show choir" he rolls his eyes and pull me inside. "Hey girl" Mercedes says as I sit next to her. I look over at Rachel who is fiddling with her hands in her lap. "Hey, guys. So this is supposed to be our 'competition', but, uh, I honestly don't think that they've got the that we've got" don't get me started on this. "But let's be a good audience, all right? Give 'em some of that old McKinley High respect" this school has no respect. They toss kids in dumpsters and the rest gets slushies thrown in our face. "Please give a warm Buckeye State welcome to last year's regional champions, Vocal Adrenaline!" the announcer says. "How good could they be?" Kurt whispers to me.

Turns out that they were really good. Like amazing. If Queen had a baby band in its toddler years that would be Vocal Adrenaline. "Hey I'm gonna walk home" Finn says. "Yeah whatever" me and Rachel walk back to my car. "So what are you gonna do?" I ask as she buckles her seat belt. "I'm gonna binge watch all of the 'High School Musical movies'. What about you?" she says with a smile. "I envy you. I have to buy grocery's. I was thinking of bailing and staying over at Brittany's house then telling my mom that it was a 'bonding' exercise" I shrug starting the car. "As fun as a night with Brittany sounds you should watch the movies with me. I always make a full bag of popcorn and then never end up finishing it" I chuckle and pull out of the parking spot. "Sure why not" she squeals and I wince. She's really loud. "I'll give you the directions"

After a long time of Rachel yelling at me we finally get to her house. "If you didn't yell at me I probably would've made the turn" I say nudging Rachel with my shoulder. "That's such a lie. You're just a bad driver" she says nudging me back. I gasp and throw popcorn at her. "You take that back Berry." she shakes her head with a smirk. "I hate you" I mumble. "NO you don't. You wouldn't be here if you did" I think for a second then nod. "Good point. Okay  real talk. What happened in the car today?" she sighs and I pause the movie. "I don't know. I just had a weird urge." she says clearly confused. "I know. I gay urge. But still an urge. I had it too" I look down and frown. "Wait. You wanted to kiss me too?" I nod kind of embarrassed. "When I came to McKinley. Everyone told me 'watch out for Rachel Berry. She's annoying and won't stop talking about Broadway' so I believed them" she frowns and looks down. 

"But.." I say touching her shoulder. "Now that I've gotten to know you. They are partially right"

"You do talk a lot about Broadway. But you're actually a pretty okay person. So you have officially found a new friend." I wrap my arm around her and she rests her head on my chest. "Talk about Broadway all you want, I don't really mind" she giggles and I smile. "Does that mean that we can talk during school?" she asks looking up at me. That was weirdly really adorable. "Totally." she smiles and puts her head back. "Can you press play?" I ask remembering the movie. "Oh right" she presses play and moves back to her previous position. "Rachel?" a man asks coming down the stairs. "LeRoy come quick!" he shouts. "Wha- Oh my god" I look at them and furrow my eyebrows. 

"I knew it. Rachel always seemed a little you know" he flicks his wrist and my eyes go wide. "We're just friends" they nod and run off upstairs. "I can't believe they thou-" I look down and see Rachel sleeping. I smile and look back up at the movie. Rachel Berry you're not that bad

A/N
Thanks for reading