Pool Party

Alex's POV

"Listen guys weather like this isn't gonna last forever. So I am throwing a pool party at my house. Glee club members only. Oh and Artie I got you a little floaty thing you can lay on it. It's awesome." I say and look around the room. "I'll be there. Obviously" Santana says. "Well if Santana is in I'm in" Brittany says and I smile. Everyone agrees except for Quinn. "Quinn what do you say?" I ask walking towards her. "I don't know Lex" she mumbles with a frown. "Come on for me?" she sighs and nods. "Fine. I'll go. But if anyone throws me in that pool I will kill you" I rub the back of my head and look away. "So no throwing Quinn in the pool. We heard that nicely. Today at four guys. Don't be late." I shout and walk out. "Alex!" I look behind me and see Rachel running up. "Yes Rachel?" she walks next to me catching her breathe. 

"I was hoping that you would let me bring my karaoke machine" she says looking at me. "If I say no that means missing Rachel Berry serenade everyone until Santana loses it and tosses you in the pool" she rolls her eyes as we stop at my locker. "And we can't have that can we" she says sarcastically. "No we cannot. So bring the machine. But I have one rule. No show tunes. That means broadway, but West Side Story is the exception. Also you are allowed to sing songs from Disney movies. Preferably the cartoon ones." I ramble grabbing my books. "Got it. So West Side Story and cartoon Disney are my musical options" I nod and she sighs. "I can work with that. Now I have a rule" she says and I give her a look. "You have to perform at least one of your songs. The more people that hear it the more confident you're going to get. Who know, Mr. Schue might even let you write a song for a competition" she says. "Well Mr. Schue won't be there. That man is creepy enough. I don't need him sitting at the side of my pool watching as we swim around."

"But I will still perform. One song. Maybe two, that okay" she nods and smiles. "Alright go on now." she runs off and I can't help but laugh. "Do I sense a love connection?" I hear from behind me. I turn around and Liz is standing there. "No. That already happened. The love connection is non existent. But I do feel a certain connection with a certain person" I say walking up to her. "And who might that be?" I shrug and put my hand up to her height. "About this tall. Brown eyes, brown hair, flirty attitude. Do you know her?" she rolls her eyes with a smile and looks down. "You're cute. Now this whole party thing, alcohol?" I nod and she smiles. "Perfect. I'll be there at 3:00 to help you setup." she says. "But it really only takes thirty minutes to set up" she smirks and steps closer. "And then there's thirty minutes to do other things" she says and I close my eyes. Think of the mailman. Think of the damn mailman. That doesn't just work for Finn. I was in that car. One of the most disturbing things I've seen. "Perfect." I kiss her cheek then walk off. I look down and sigh. Maybe the mailman thing doesn't work that well.

~Time Skip~

"Alex there's a girl here for you! Not surprising. There's always a girl here for you" my mom shouts at me. "Well that's not my fault!" I shout and walk down the stairs. I see Liz and I smile. "Hey. I'll lead you outside" I say keeping my eyes focused on her face. She nods and we walk into the backyard. "Well I just need to get an extra table for the drinks. Um you can put the chips into the bowls" she nods and I walk back into the house. "She's cute" my mom says looking up from her magazine. "Yeah. Tables are in the basement right?" she nods and I walk down. "Tables. Tables. Tables. There they are" I say and grab one. The thing is if I'm looking for something or someone I have to repeat it outloud or in my head. If not I get distracted with the shiny ball hanging from the ceiling. Then I end up spending the next half hour trying to get the sequence perfect around the whole thing without my hand messing it up. "Also we both know she wore that bikini for you" my mom says and I roll my eyes. "Mom it's like boiling outside. What else would she wear?" she shrugs. "Also some other girls came. Brittany, Quinn, Rachel and then two other girls. I forgot their names, actually I didn't even ask" I roll my eyes and walk out. "Better watch yourself. You may be sixteen but the belt doesn't have an age limit!" she shouts after me. "Yes mom" I walk out with the table and hear a whistle. "Look at the muscles on this one" I roll my eyes and put the table down and set it up. "Chips are in the bowl and the pizza has been ordered" Santana says and walks up to me. "Awesome"

They party has been going on for about thirty minutes and everyone is here. "Alex thanks for this thing. I can tan and be in the pool at the same time" Artie says putting his sunglasses on. "Artie shut up. Look at that" Puck says and points over to the side of the pool. I look over and see Liz taking off the towel she had wrapped around her waist. I roll my eyes and hit Puck in the back of the head. "She's a person not a piece of meat asshole" he scoffs and Artie looks up. "She don't know what she's doing" he says. "She knows what she's doing. She knows exactly what she's doing. And also that thing is kosher so it's okay in my book" Puck says and I roll my eyes. Liz gets in the pool and I swim over. "Having fun?" I ask and she nods. I look over and see Rachel getting the karaoke machine set up. "Well it's gonna get better than this" she furrows her eyebrows and then the sound of a mic being tapped turned her gaze. "Hello everyone. Are you having fun?" Rachel asks. 

"Now I would like to sing" she plugs her phone into the speakers and I shake my head when I hear the song. "I wake up every evening" Rachel starts and Santana shakes her head. She walks over to Rachel, takes the microphone and dumps her into the pool. "Oh that happened faster than expected" I laugh and so does everyone else. "Alright fine. Alex your turn" Rachel says and I glare at her. "Come on. Show us one of your songs" I sigh and get out of the pool. "Rachel you owe me." she smiles and I start the backing track I made.

"Yeah! I love women!" Brittany shouts falling onto one of the chairs. Oh Santana is on Mercedes shoulder while Liz is on Tina's. They're trying to knock the other one off and Santana just fell in and did the whole hair flip thing when she came up so Brittany is like heaven. And I'm pretty sure she's wasted. "Fine you guys win." Santana huffs and gets out of the pool to come sit by us. "Don't be sad Sanny. You fell but I've never seen anyone fall better" Brittany says walking up to her. "You guys are too cute" I say and Santana glares at me. "Hey" Liz says sitting on my lap. "Can I ask you something?" I ask and she nods. "Come with me" she gets up and I lead her to the side of the house. "What's up?" I sigh and look up. Be bold. "Listen I like you. And I think you like me, I'm not to sure. I'm horrible at picking up on signals. Anyways I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me. We don't even have to make it official. I can take you on a couple of dates and we can see what happens from there. And you don't have to say ye-" I'm cut off by her kissing me and I smile into it. She puts her arms on my shoulders and I wrap mine around her waist. "So was that a yes or no?" I ask and she rolls her eyes. "Yes loser. It was a yes. And we're making it official but you still have to take me on dates" I nod and look down at her. "Okay. Well we better get back to the party. I hear an instrumental play then a splash. So that means Rachel just got tossed in the pool again."

A/N
Filler chapter