Swear It (Chap 26)

Self Achievement Note: Finally Made it to 200 pages on Google Docs. :O

Had to rewrite this chapter 3 times all over to get right. If you like the story I'd love to feel the love through your stars and comments :D

__________________________________________________________________

(Last part of the last chapter)

Swear It

Merlins Pov

With a gulp I sucked in a breath deciding I would be straightforward, "You've been quiet this morning," I said carefully.

The princess almost looked at peace as she was enjoying the breeze, Eyes partly closed, head held high, wind tussling her hair. Snow then gave an unpleased sound as if my question were easy to brush off. Her eyelashes fluttered as if she could wake up in another moment, away from this time, "Im just tired," she turned her nose away.

Slowly, I asked, "From what Arthur told you?"

She gave me that look, that twist of the brow showing I was being bothersome.

"Yes, from what he told me", she gave a brief nod.

We stayed silent only hearing the crunch of gravel from our footsteps.

"...What did he say exactly?

Snow White let out a long sigh, "Didn't you hear enough from Jack?" She took her hand out of mine to hug herself, a visible chill running through her.

I then crossed my own arms, "Jack told me what bothered him in the conversation but I want to know what bothered you from the conversation"

"Me? What bothered me? Everything," she pursed her lips as if she were done speaking. "I don't really want to talk about it, Merlin. Arthur said a lot of things that made me worry. He brought up some points that I didn't like hearing," brown eyes looked  distant lost in memory.

Biting my lip I wondered what exactly was worrying her: the way Arthur spoke  poorly of me, the way he mentioned the threats to our happiness, the way he accused me of being able to leave. All these things bothered me.

We arrived at the garden just standing, standing still just overseeing the patch. I saw in the distance that there was some light mist. That mist was moving but not staying, too slow to be going, yet moving just enough that it wouldn't stay for long. At a sluggish pace it in as clearing up the more the sun's rays shooed them off. Still looking at the forest I couldn't see much, only a blue forest wanting to be saved by the sun.

Brown and golden hues made up the majority of my gardening patch with only a few green sprouts flourishing to the surface bringing some color to the place. I had personally plowed the earth so It had deep rows to clearly indicate separation. My lips moved into a slight smile pleased that the heavy mist had naturally moistened the soil.

Behind my garden, the stables lay and were newly touched by the warm glows of the morning. I saw where I had previously locked up King White when he was a rabbit. A stack of hay and carrots still lay inside his stall wide open. I wondered if any wildlife such as raccoons had snuck inside while I was away.

Sighing, I wondering If I had  upsett Snow too much from the lack of conversation. Not knowing whether to talk I stayed silent, best to encourage her to speak rather than force. Otherwise she could avoid the topic altogether.

My ears perked at the raspy voice, shocked it was coming from Snow White.

"You'll run," she swallowed. "He said you'll run. That's what bothered me the most because it feels like it could be true."