5. Responsibility

The next morning

"Hello"

"Hello, I am speaking from The Christ, is this Mrs. Anayra Kashyap" woooh! finally, victory dance.

"Yes, this is me"

"Congratulations, your application has been selected, must tell you Mrs.Kapoor even after late submission, you managed to get a seat, that's really amazing"

"Thank you, can you please tell me about other formalities?"

"Yes, nothing much, you just have to fill an office form and pay the fees and from next week you will be joining the college"

"Umm, How much fees has to be paid?"

"20 Lacs"

"what? I mean by when am I supposed to submit the fess" I asked in confusion, I barely have 20000 in my bank account, how can I submit 20 lacs.

"Well, the earlier the better, if you are not interested, we will call other worthy applicants as the college has already started and you are a late applicant, my personal advice would be to pay it by tomorrow"

"Isn't there any scholarship exam?

"Mrs. Kashyap, you are already a late applicant, scholarship exams have already been conducted but there is nothing to worry about you can pay the fees in pieces, just submit 5 lacs right now, 10 lacs in the middle of the year, and the other 5 lacs at the end." 

"okay" saying this is cut the call, how am I supposed to arrange 5 lac by tomorrow, I knew that The Christ was an expensive college but it also is the best college and I thought I will give the scholarship exam, so that I don't have to pay such heavy fees, but now I am stuck.

I don't even have anything to sell or to keep as a mortgage, should I ask for a loan from Vihan?

What am I even thinking, he already considers me a gold-digger, he would never help me.

I should call mom, maybe she can help me-

"hello"

"hi"

"mom I got selected in college"

" Anayra, how dumb can you be, concentrate over your house and Vihan, no need to go to college"

"Mom, I just want to complete college, I don't want to lose this opportunity"

"Do whatever you want, you brat, why did you call me if you already have decided"

"Mom, actually I needed 5 lac rs, as a part of college fees, I promise to return it back, I will do a part-time job, mom please"

"No, you are not getting a single penny, your husband is very rich naa, 5 lac is nothing for him, go beg in front of him, I already told you Anayra you are dead to me, so don't you dare call me again"

Tears sprang out of my eyes, why is everything so hard on me, the one thing I ever wanted in my life is so near, yet I can't achieve it, why God?

No, I can't be weak, I have to arrange money anyhow, whatever it takes.

What will I do now?

I sat on the floor of my bedroom looking outside the window, tears streaming down my eyes, my mind figuring out a way to arrange money.

"Anayra" voice echoed from the hall, it didn't take me long to figure out that Vihan is back, so early, it's just 4 pm.

I wiped my tears and went down, Vihan was strolling in the hall, what's up with him?