33. Console

"Ara, what happened?" Vihan asked again patting her head lightly, he did not force her to look up, he never had seen her this vulnerable since the divorce drama.

Aranya still did not budge nor did she utter a single word, It had been 10 minutes since they were in this same position, Vihan heard a light knock on the door and figured out that must be someone from the crew, he stopped patting and lightly decided to get up to answer the door but as soon as he rose a little he could feel a force pulling him down, his gaze shifted downwards only to land at Aranya's hand holding his suit, indicating him to be with her. At this moment Vihan did not care about anything, he sat back and as soon as he got comfortable, Aranya hugged him tight, still not looking up but her hands encircled Vihan.

Vihan was clueless about how to react to this, he just sat like that not moving at all.

"I need to tell you something," Aranya said, not shifting her gaze.

"About what," Vihan asked, still clueless about the situation.

"About everything," Aranya said and held him tighter.

"Vihan actually-"

"First relax, here Have some water," Vihan interrupted handing her a water bottle from the table above, Aranya drank the whole of it at once out of anxiousness.

"Relax, if you do not want the photoshoot then I won't force you, what is it?" Vihan asked grazing his hand over Aranya's head trying to calm her shivering body.

Aranya could not form words and did not know what to say, she was torn between telling the truth and letting Vihan pay the price or lying on his face and hurting herself and him.

"Aranya you are sweating too much, talk to me, look up, look in my eyes," Vihan said as he felt her body tensing up in his arms. Aranya was still in the same position, not moving an inch and suddenly Vihan felt her hold on his shirt loosening.

"Aranya, hey, Aranya" Vihan murmured with an evident worry as he looked at Aranya's eyes closing dimingly and her body loosening.

Vihan out of pure panic called held her in his arms and opened the door of the vanity moving towards his car, everyone was trying to catch a glimpse of the set only to be obstructed by his bodyguards, Naina, Vihan's Secretary followed them, her face laced with worry, she was working with Vihan for past 6 years and never has she seen him in this worry. 

"Naina call the doctor and ask him to reach my home right now," Vihan said sensing Naina's presence behind him, Naina without wasting another second started dialling the doctor's number while Vihan made Aranya sit in an unconscious state in the passenger's seat while he started driving.

Vihan reached home only to find the doctor already waiting in the hall with the house help, he acknowledged the doctor towards his room with Aranya still in his arms, he made her lie on his bed while the doctor examined her.

In a while, Naina entered with Varun and Myra at Vihan's house.

"What happened? Neha called us here" Varun said as he kept his hand on Vihan's shoulder whose eyes were fixated on Aranya's unconscious state. His eyes landed on Aranya the very next second, he looked back at Myra and Naina with a questionable face.

In the very next moment, he was taken by shock as Vihan turned around and hugged him, Vihan was never a hug person, he hated any kind of affection, Varun could sense the tension and worry laced in Vihan's embrace as he hugged him back.

Myra and Naina stood in utter shock at what just happened and were at a loss of words, looking at each other and the scene in front of their eyes.

Vihan pulled out of the hug and Varun saw him closely murmuring "It's going to be okay, don't worry Vihan."

"She was in my hands Varun, I saw her trembling, shivering, sweat was coming out like water from her body, I can't see her like this, I never wanted this for her, I wanted her to be happy that's why I was even ready to divorce her so that she can be happy, she will never be happy with me and look at her."

"Can I have a moment?" the doctor said interrupting the conversation.

"Yes sure, what happened to her? Is she okay now?" Vihan said with worry lacing his voice.

"She is doing better now but-"

"But what doctor?" 

"Mr Kashyap, she had an anxiety attack, Her blood pressure is very low and with the intensity of it I do not think this is the first time she has encountered one, I would advise you to talk to her and know the cause, if there's something that is triggering it, I have prescribed meds and given her injection for now but for the long term we need to know the root cause in order to cure it permanently also her diet looks very poor, it is advisable if you look into that if there's any problem let me know," the doctor says as Naina goes to show him out.

"What can cause her an anxiety attack, She herself is the cause of giving other people anxiety" Myra remarks.

"Maybe there's something she's hiding from everyone," Varun says as he looks at Vihan.

"I did a background check on her before, There is nothing fishy, no criminal records, no affairs, she does not even use to go out of the house or had much friends" Vihan stated.

"Maybe her family can tell us if there's something," Myra remarked.

"Sharma's are hopeless" Varun cut her off.

"No, Myra is right, we should ask Sharma" Vihan stated.

"Neha, we can ask Neha, she must know," Myra says.

"I will call right now," Vihan said as the other two nodded.

"Hi Neha, Vihan this side," Vihan said as she picked up the phone and kept it on speaker.

"Ah Vihan, did you finally get your senses back" Neha remarked from the other side.

"I need to ask you something," he said straight away, all he could think of was Aranya at the moment, nothing else mattered.

"Go on"

"Aranya, is there something about her that I do not know" he asked.

"Still wrapped around her finger ha Vihan, did not she do you enough harm, are you crazy you still want to know things of her" she remarked in frustration.

"Tell only what I have asked, do not need your extra remarks" Vihan replied.

"Fine, you know she does not have many friends" 

"Get to the point"

"Vihan, she has done something bad, very very bad"

"What do you mean?"

"After her mom married my dad, she saw what this life could give her and when I was born she was insecure that I might steal out of her and no one would love her, as she was a stepdaughter and it grew into insecurity, she once tried to steal from our house  fearing the day where everyone will abandon her she will need this, she did the same with the high society friends she had back in college and they obviously got to know her true face and everyone stayed away from her, we were family so we had no option, that's why my dad despised her, she's a thief, a gold digger who only is of her own self and no one else"

"You are lying Aranya is not like that, I know her, you are making up stories"

"Ohhh you know her Vihan? Really? If she's not a gold digger why is she asking for crores to divorce you? She pathetic Vihan, pathetic, I had warned you but you never took me seriously, now you will suffer with her like we did for so many years, good luck" saying that she cut the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------