Undercover ~ NR

You walk into the quinjet where director Fury is already waiting for you.
"Are you ready, agent Y/L/N?"
"Ready as I can be. Let's get this over with." He nods and you fly to the mansion of your new 'husband'.
"There is my beautiful wife! It's good to finally meet you, my dearest Amara." Your undercover name.
"It's very nice to meet you too, husband. I hope you understand I will not just be some eye candy on your arm? I want to know everything I can. I am your wife after all."
"Of course, darling. Don't worry about the details though, we have it all under control." You cringe on the inside at his nickname, wishing Natasha was here.
"I'm sure, but I do want to know where my husband could get hurt."

Three months later
You walk through town, grocery shopping like any good wife does. Even though you are an undercover agent portraying the wife of the biggest mob boss in the States.
You feel like someone is following you so you walk into an alley, waiting for this person to come after you.
You push them against the wall, the second they round the corner.
"Nat? What are you doing here?"
"We haven't heard from you for over a month, I got worried."
"Babe..." You sigh, knowing you should have reported back to make sure your wife wouldn't get into dangerous situations with your 'husband'.
"What happened?"
"He seemed to get suspicious. Kept putting his people around me. If I would've snuck away my cover would be blown."
"Why not send me a text for back up?"
"I don't have my phone, the only one I have right now is one my subject gave me. My laptop is checked by him too, that's why I seem to just keep a log with the activities rather than a normal report."
"There you are, darling. Who is this?"
"Husband! This is Natalie, a friend from high school."
"Nice to meet you, Amara speaks highly of you."
"Thank you, miss ....?"
"Rushman, Natalie Rushman."
"Darling, I think it's best if we go back to our home." He tells me. You nod before pulling Nat into a hug.
"I love you." You whisper into her ear.
"I love you too." She whispers back. You pull away and walk off with your 'husband'.
"It was nice to see you again, Natalie."
"You too, Amara."

Back in the mansion you follow him into a meeting with the associates of the mob. The meeting takes about two hours, afterwards he asks you to follow him to his office.
"What can I do for you, dear husband?"
"Who was that woman? You have never mentioned her before."
"Like I told you, she was my friend back in high school. We hadn't seen or spoken to each other since graduation. We were simply catching up."
"In a dark alley?"
"I felt someone following me, so I pulled her aside."
"No exposing us I hope."
"What do you think of me, dear husband? I would never!" Not to some friend at least. You thought.
"How would you like it if I would ask her to come her, for company for you."
"I do not understand why you would do such a thing but I think seeing her more often again would not be a bad thing."

Not even a week later your wife stands at the front door pf the mansion.
"Natalie! Welcome! You took my husbands offer, I see?" You ask her, giving her a look that says 'What the hell are you doing here?!?!'
"I did! I thought it would be a good way to stay as close as we used to be!"
"Ah, miss Rushman. It's good to see you, thank you for agreeing to keep my lovely wife company." The mob boss says to Nat. "Let me help you brung your bags to your room."
"That is very nice of you, but I don't want to be a bother to you. I'm sure you are a very busy man." Nat tries to polite turn him down.
"It's really not a bother to me. If you'll excuse us, darling." You plaster a fake smile on your face before replying.
"Of course, dear husband."

That night after dinner Nat follows you to your room.
"You're right. He's suspicious." She tells you after checking your room for any bugs.
"I know, but what makes you say that."
"He had a reason to want to bring my bags to my room. He told me to keep tabs on you and tell him everything you do."
"So, do that."
"What? Are you crazy?!"
"A little, but you love that. Anyway, give him information like he wanted but make it seem like he was just paranoid. That way we can easily take them down."
"God I love you..."
"I missed you so much, baby. I love you too." You hug her tight.
"You're wearing your wedding ring."
"Well, I am married."
"Yeah, I know... But I mean you-..."
"Wear the one you put on? Yes. It was my demand to Fury. So I would always have you with me."
"Does he know?"
"No. He thinks it's the ring from 'our' marriage."
Natasha sigh, sad and hurt. You pull her against you again and whisper in her ear.
"My heart belongs to you and no one else. After the mission I will prove to you how much I love you, at home."

A month later
Breaking News: Big drugdealing mob organization taken down. Wife of boss takes down her husbands empire and gets him and his people arrested.
You walk into the compound with Natasha, holding her hand. When you enter the common room everyone claps, all Avengers and a few SHIELD agents are there.
"Well done, agents Romanoff."
"Thank you, Maria." You both hug her before turning to Fury.
"Agent Y/L/N, congratulations on completing your mission this fast. Agent Romanoff, a word." Nat nods and starts to follow Fury. You take her hand, stopping her for a moment.
"We'll be right back, guys." You tells the others before walking after Fury with Nat.
"He wanted to speak to me, not you. Why are you coming with us?"
"Babe, we are both Romanoff now. Technically he could have meant both of us. Besides, anything he has to say to you he can say to me. I wouldn't have been able to do this on my own, not this fast. Alone, it would've taken me probably about a year to take them down. I needed you there."
"I love you."
"I love you more, my love."