Amnesia

Wanda, one of my wives, is in the kitchen making her best dish for dinner. I'm watching her, occasionally handing her things she asks for because I can't cook at all. If I would live on my own I would only eat those meals you only have to heat up in a microwave or take out, rather than risk burning down my kitchen or dying from food poisoning because my cooking is so bad... So this is the most I am allowed to do in the kitchen to help, no chopping vegetables for me either since I may or may not have cut the tip of my finger off in my first week at the compound... Any way, I'm watching Wanda prepare paprikash, while having a conversation with her. Usually our other wife would join us and actually help Wanda, but she's on a mission so that's a no go... Speaking of Nat, my phone starts buzzing in my pocket, I see it's Nat so I pick up.
"Hey babes, what's up?"
"Am I speaking with Y/N Romanoff-Maximoff?" A male voice asks.
"Yes, who's asking?"
"My name is Doctor Shepherd, I'm calling you to inform you your wife is currently in surgery."
"I'm sorry, what? Which hospital?" Wanda looks up to me shocked.
"Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital."
"We're on our way." I hang up the phone. "Nat's in Seattle in a hospital." She drops the knife she was holding as she was cutting some veggies, cleans her hands.
"Let's go." We run to our room and pack a bag for the three of us.

"FRIDAY, inform everyone of where we're going and why." I tell the AI while we walk out of the room, to the garage.
"Of course, I will inform the team of your department to Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital, Washington."
"Thank you!" We hop in and I start the car.

——
"We're looking for Natasha Romanoff-Maximoff." Wanda tells the receptionist at the front desk of the hospital.
"What's your connection to the patient?"
"She's our wife, doctor Shepherd called us."
"Alright, room 309."
"Thank you." We rush off to the staircase, not wanting to wait for an elevator.

"Doctor Shepherd?" I ask a man, in hope for good luck.
"Yes, are you Mrs Y/N Romanoff-Maximoff?"
"Yes, and this is our other wife Wanda."
"Nice to meet you."
"You too. I have some good news and some bad news for you. Your wife is stable, but we need to keep her in a medically induced coma for a while so she can properly heal from a very bad injury on her head."
"How long will she have to be in the coma?" I ask weakly.
"It depends on how fast she heals, it could vary from a few months to in worst case a few years."
"Thank you doctor. Can we see her?"
"Of course, follow me."
As we walk towards Nat's room doctor Shepherd tells us more about what he and his team found and the wounds she has.
"Sadly, on top of all this we fear that there is a chance your wife will have amnesia when she wakes up from the coma we have put her under as she hit her head pretty hard." I feel Wanda squeeze my hand, so I look over to her with a sad smile. We arrive at the room in which Nat is staying and take a deep breath before walking in. Our eyes immediately fall onto the woman in the bed. Our usually so strong and confident wife lays there seemingly so small and weak. I feel Wanda starting to tremble beside me and pull her in to me while I myself am unable to take my eyes of Nat, afraid that when I do she'll disappear... 

——

For days, Wanda and I stay by Nat's side, using the bathroom attached to her room when we have to and when we have to eat one of us goes down to get us some, even though neither of us is actually hungry. We slept in the same chairs we sat on during those nights until Doctor Sheperd practically forced us to go home by telling us we needed a shower and asking us whether we thought Nat would want us to sleep in those, rather uncomfortable, chairs for the amount of time we had.
Only when we arrived back at our house, the truth started to sink in and it broke the both of us. After taking that well needed shower, we sat down on the couch and cried in each others arms for what felt like hours, only getting up to go to bed and cry some more as it didn't feel right to sleep there with only the two of us and knowing the one missing was alone in a hospital bed all the way in Seattle. Even though we were Tony incredibly thankful for letting us borrow his jet and having his pilot go faster than actually allowed, having us there in 'only' three hours instead of the six it would've usually taken but still it felt off.
The next morning must have been the hardest one for both of us. Not only were we woken with the short-lived believe that it might have all been a dream and that in reality Natasha was actually downstairs preparing breakfast, but it was also the morning where I was told that Wanda wouldn't go back to the hospital as it hurted her too much to be there. We agreed that I would go and would come back home for the weekends, so that's what I have been doing for the past three months... Early monday morning I hop on the jet and fly over to Seattle, where I watch my sleeping wife and talking to her about what has been happening back home and encouraging her to wake up when she feels she's ready, only to hop on the jet back on early Friday morning to fly back home to New York to spend time with my other wife and telling her how Natasha is recovering.

Today it's Monday morning 5.30 AM, meaning I'm on my way to the jet to get back to Seattle and I have this feeling in my gut. I can't tell you whether it's good or bad, but I can't shake the feeling that something is gonna happen today.
All through the flight, I can't sit still so I pace around the jet, then sit down for a few seconds only to start pacing again. A flight attendant has asked me multiple times now if there's anything she can do for me, but I kept on declining as I can't think of anything she could do to stop the anxiety surrounding the gut feeling.

As soon as the door of the jet opens, I get out and into the car Tony has also rented for us to get to the hospital. I race through the streets of Seattle, most likely driving way over the speed limit but right now, I don't care. Honestly though, it's a miracle I haven't had any police stopping me yet...
I arrive at the hospital and quickly park the car in a nearby spot and get out of the car, without grabbing my bag yet, and locking it as I practically run into the hospital and up to Nat's room. I sprinted up the stairs at a speed that would make Cap have a hard time holding up. I reach Nat's room where I'm stopped by Doctor Sheperd. "Y/N, slow down. Can I talk to you for a sec?" He asks me and I feel my heart stop. "Y-yeah of course, is everything alright? Is Nat okay?" "Your wife is considering how she arrived here alright. In fact, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. She's awake,-" "She is?! Why am I not there with her then? When did she wake up?" I feel myself get impatient. "She woke up about half an hour ago, we have tried to reach you as soon as we noticed but couldn't get a hold of you nor your other wife." "Oh..." I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and see that indeed I have three missed calls from the hospital and two more from Wanda and a text asking me why the hospital is trying to call her and to let her know what is going on asap. "I'm so sorry, I was getting here as fast as I could..." "It's alright, Mrs. Romanoff-Maximoff. What I wanted to talk to you about, as we had warned you about, your wife seems to have amnesia." And just like that my world stops once again.