The Witch and The Queen pt2 ~ WMxReader

My voice echoes all over the square, whispers spread among the crowd and the executer takes a step back with the torch.
"What do you think you are doing, Sister?" I stand up from my seat to match his level.
"I'm not going to let you burn another innocent woman, for too long I have feared what you'd do to me if I would stand up to you. But no more. I am the Queen of Sokovia, you are merely a prince." I move my attention back to my love still chained to the stand. "Release that poor woman. She has done nothing wrong. From this day on the witch hunts will end and I will see this stand gone before sunset." I look back at my brother. "Guards, take this poor excuse of a man away from here. The Court will decide his fate right away."
"Sister-..." He tries as his wrists get cuffed behind his back, making the guards stop taking him away.
"No, your terror ends now." I sign to them to take him away to a holding cell until the court has made it's decision. By now the whispers have all faded, instead one by one all the people start applauding making me smile slightly. I look over the balcony once again, giving them my undivided attention. "As today has been a special day for this country, I invite you all to attent the persecution of the prince. Hereby I invite the families of his previous victims and," I shift my attention directly to Wanda, "you and your family to have seats at the front row. I am aware this does not make up for the hurt my brother has inflicted but I hope this will help close a chapter I wish to never repeat." I turn around to walk back into the castle with a small smile on my face. I shall not apologize for this, Father. I will rule My kingdom My way, with mutual respect and kindness, not your way of fear and terror. And maybe one day I will be finally able to marry the love of my live.

Everyone is once again gathered on the square, this time however, there is no (supposed to be) witch on the stand but instead the Prince. With me on the balcony are the families of his victims and seated next to me is none other Wanda.
"Thank you, Y/N." She whispers to me.
"I couldn't let him hurt you." I gently squeeze her hand before we look back at my brother. "I would like to thank everyone who has shown up today to the persecution of Prince Alex of Sokovia. You are here for numerous murders, do you have anything to say for yourself?" I ask the man I used to call my brother.
"You're making a big mistake, Y/N. The witches will come for you."
"We will see about that. The court has made it's decision." The second I have finished my sentence, a wave of silence spreads across the square. "Prince Alex of Sokovia, you are found guilty of all charges. For your crimes you will be burned at the stakes like all the innocent women you accused." A soft gasp is heard, clearly nobody had expected this to happen as they always thought that, as a woman, I can't rule and would let my emotions take over. *eye roll* 
I watch as the man who has always lit the stakes on fire make his way over to where my brother is tied against the wooden pole and can't help but notice how much slower he's walking, as if he's expecting me to tell him to stop at any given moment now. But what would it say about me as Queen if I'd back down now? My thoughts must have been loud as I feel a soft and gentle squeeze in my hand from the love of my life. How long until I can call her that out loud and not within the safety of the four walls of my chambers? I look over at the brunette and give her a small smile, recieving one in return.

That evening I'm seated on a chair next to the window, looking out and thinking back at all that has happened today, as the door opens. I slowly look over to see who interrupted my time for myself without announcing themselves and am met with the red hair of my best friend. "Someone's here to see you." She tells me with a smirk on her face. "Let her in, you can always let her in now." She nods and holds the door open wide enough for Wanda to walk past her. After they are both inside my chambers, Natasha closes the door again and they both take a seat on one of the other chairs. "How are you holding up?" Wanda asks me, gently grabbing my hand to try and give me comfort. "Considering I was the one to burn my own brother at the stakes today, I guess I could be better. He and I may not have seen eye to eye about a lot of things, he was still my brother. Yet I do not regret my decision, I know it was best for not only us but for all witches and all people in this country. From now on Sokovia will be a free country where all will be seen as equals."