If You Love Her ~ WMxReader

I walk into the kitchen of the Avengers tower and see Vision helping Wanda with breakfast, something I have never seen before, and they're fooling around together. I sit down at my usual spot and just wait until either of them acknowledges me, not wanting to ruin their playful moods. It's nice to see my best friend this happy again, the past few weeks have been tough on her... After a while, I see something that is most definitely new. Still not having noticed me, Wanda leans in to kiss Vision and when her face is mere inches away from his face, she notices me and instantly pulls back. "Y/N...." I smile at her, ignoring the pain in my heart. "Morning." As I speak, Vision turns around and I look at him. "We're gonna have a chat in a bit, nothing bad but I do want to talk to you about something." He nods and they continue to make breakfast and we eat together.

After breakfast, I take Vision to the living room while Wanda cleans up, which she offered so we could talk. "Okay, I'm gonna talk and I don't want you to say anything until I'm done. You're dating my best friend now and I don't want to see her get hurt." He nods again and lets me talk. "Take it. If she gives you her heart, don't you break it. Let your arms be a place she feels safe in. She's the best thing you'll ever have." I take a moment to breathe and think about my best friend. "She always has trouble falling asleep and she likes to cuddle while under the sheets. She loves pop songs, and dancing, and bad trash TV, and there's still a few other things. She loves love-notes and babies, and likes giving gifts. She has a hard time accepting a good compliment. She loves her whole family and all of her friends, so if you're the one she lets in: Take it. If she gives you her heart, don't you break it. Let your arms be a place she feels safe in. She's the best thing that you'll ever have. She'll love you if you love her like that. On days when it feels like the whole world might cave in stand side by side and you'll make it. She's the best thing that you'll ever have. She'll love you if you love her like that." I feel myself getting lost as I think about Wanda, smiling the way only she can make me do. "Kiss her with passion as much as you can, run your hands through her hair whenever she's sad, and when she doesn't notice how pretty she is; tell her over and over so she never forgets." I break free from my thoughts and look at him dead-serious. "Take it. If she gives you her heart, don't you break it. Let your arms be a place she feels safe in. She's the best thing that you'll ever have. She'll love you if you love her like that. On days when it feels like the whole world might cave in stand side by side and you'll make it. She's the best thing that you'll ever have. She'll love you if you love her like that."
As I finally stop talking, I take a deep breath and sign to Vision that he can talk now. "You really care about her, don't you?" I nod and smile. "I do, she means the world to me." "Some might even say... you... love her?" I freeze, not having expected him to say that. "I uhm..." "I can see you care for her more than a best friend, you notice the smallest things about her, things I hadn't noticed yet." I'm silent for a few seconds before softly saying. "Is it really that obvious?" "It is, I haven't seen you look at any Avenger the way you look at her. You always smile when she walks into a room, laugh when she does, you can sense when she doesn't feel well sooner than I do and you immediately go take care of her, when she cries so do you..." As he names all these things I realize how obvious I have been. "You're right, I do love her but I don't want to ruin our friendship." "You love me?" I hear from behind me and I instantly turn around in shock. "Wanda..." My head turns a bright red in embarrassment of my feelings towards her being outed like this and look down. "I... I do... Yeah..." Before I can process what's happening, I feel two arms around me in a tight hug. "Why didn't you say anything?" Is all she asks as she holds me tight. "I didn't want to ruin our friendship because of these feelings... I'd rather hold them inside and be your best friend than lose you because of my feelings." "You could never lose me because of that." I smile and finally hug her back, relaxing in her touch.

A few days later, Wanda walks into my room and sits beside me on my bed while I'm reading. I look up and see a look of uncertainty on her face. "What's wrong?" She sighs at my question. "I broke things off with Vision... He told me what you told him and I realized that he could never give me as my boyfriend what you give me as my best friend..." I nod and pull her to my side. "How do you feel about it?" Again, she sighs. "I'm not sure... I do love him but I have never really known if it's because of the Mind Stone or because of who he is... And when I'm with you, I always feel much better than when I'm with you..." I nod again, letting her continue as she whispers. "I think I love you too."