26

It was the day I dreaded and cried over for the past couple of days. I really didn't want to leave the UK, but I knew I had to. I had friends back at home as well as responsibilities to take care of, there was no way to avoid it. This had been the best week of my life.

I opened my eyes to Tom still cuddled up to be and it both broke my heart and warmed it. He has made me so happy and I just couldn't help but reminisce on the past couple of days with him.

When I tried to I couldn't really roll over because he was snuggled into my neck with his arms wrapped around my back. I giggled to myself a bit and ran my free hand through his hair. Tom then began to stir a little at the contact and opened his eyes.

It was such a humbling sight to see Tom wake up. As soon as his eyes opened they were filled with love and happiness like this moment would last forever. Shortly after though his face turned to a frown as he realized what day it was. It made me laugh a bit more as he snuggled back up to me pretending he never woke up.

"Tom I have to get up..."

He shook his head slightly which was kind of ticklish.

"No I don't want you to leave."

I smile down at him and stroke his hair.

"I know Tom but I have no other choice. I don't want to miss my flight."

He shook his head again.

"Five more minutes?!"

I rolled my eyes. Of course if this was any other day I would have said yes, but I knew I had a flight at 12:00pm and I couldn't miss it.

"I'm sorry Tom but I have to get up."

He groaned a little bit as started to detach himself from me. As soon as I seen his face it looked all pouty and he just turned around avoiding me.

"Fine if that's how we're gonna be this morning I'm going to leave early."

There was a smal gasp as he turned over extremely quick and had a look of concern on his face.

"NOOOOOOO Y/NNNN!"

I got up off of the bed and Tom began making grabby hands like a child, but I ignored him. I walked over to the bathroom and stopped in the doorway to ask Tom something.

"Hey Tom what time is it right now?"

There was a bit of rustling of him turn towards the clock in bed then he responded.

"It's 9:00am. Are you going to shower and then pack?!"

I shout out a quick "yeah" and make my way fully into the bathroom. I quickly washed and then go out to only notice I left my clothes in the guest room. I called out to Tom.

"He Bub can you get me my clothes I layer out on the guest bed?"

I didn't hear anything for a while until there was a soft knock on the bathroom door.

"Hey Y/n I'm just going to leave these here and go get ready."

I smiled. What would I do without him?

"Thank you!"

As soon as I knew he was gone I opened the door some to grab the clothes he had set on a chair near the bathroom for me. I quickly changed into said clothes and walked out into Toms room. He had also been dressed in his signature red and white shirt and some jeans.

When Tom noticed my presence he walked up to me and gave me a hug and quick kiss on the head. I smiled up at him and grabbed my phone and his hand leading him to the guest bedroom so he could help me pack. It didn't take us long to get everything together. Once we were finished I checked my phone and it was time to go.

Both Tom and I walked down the stairs him holding my luggage for me. We get to the front door and as we were instructed to last night just load everything thing into the car and we would leave. So that's what me and Tom did, my luggage went in the trunk and Tom and I slipped into the back seat.

Not too long after we sat down both of Toms parents arrived out of the front door and got into the car with us. Just like tradition as we look off Tom grabbed the aux cord and we were playing dreams songs this time.

Time passed and we had arrived at the airport right on time for me to get my ticket and load luggage. As we all stood at my gate I gave Toms mom and dad a big hug and thanked them for having me. Then I turned to Tom and he looked at me with so much sadness.

Over this past week I think Toms parents had to have caught on. Even thought neither of us ever told them about Tom and I being together they just seemed to pick up on it. The last couple of days especially they would throw out small "awws" and "look at you too"s. I didn't mind, but I knew it made Tom embarrassed.

As we were standing there though in the airport it didn't seem to matter that Toms parents were stood right behind us. Just as I stared at him I could feel the tears lining my eyes and I could see it happen to Tom as well. Before I knew it I was engulfed in a hug. This made me want to cry even more as I knew after I let go I wouldn't know this feeling again for a while.

"I'm gonna miss you Y/n..."

His voice sounded so broken when he spoke and I gripped my hold onto him tighter. But I then let go being able to finally get a good look at the man I was datings face. It was just what I thought,  just as messy as what i imagined mine was with small tears falling from the corners of his eyes.

"I'll miss you too Tom..."

Then after I said that the loud speaker announced that my flight was boarding and it was my time to go. Toms face only sunk more as he heard the message and looked to me in concern.

"I'm gonna come visit you Y/n. No matter how much I hate America I'm going to visit you."

I giggled at the comment and grabbed his hand.

"I'm looking forward to that Tom."

We both smiled at each other as I let go and my hand fell from Toms. I diverted my attention to the carry on bag at my feet and picked it up slinging it up onto my back. I waved to everyone as I walked off and then made my way into the plane. I guess it was time to relax.

***

The flight home didn't take as much time as it felt the first time because I fell asleep as soon as I sat down. It was 8 hours into my 15 hour flight when I finally woke up. I wish that I didn't because the sleep was distracting me from the sadness and anxiety that was filling me.

The only option I had was to watch a movie to take my mind off of everything. I turned on the little tv on the seat in front of me and put in earbuds. The movie that I had chosen was Brave because that's what I needed to be right now. After the movie I watch a couple more Disney movies and then fall back asleep.

***

When I land and get my luggage the first person I see is my mom. She waves to me and walks over.

"Hi honey how was your trip?!"

I smiled to her and nodded my head as we walked out to put my luggage in the car. On the way home I just got more sad. I never realized how boring living in the middle of nowhere was until I went to Nottingham.

When we roll up to the house I immediately sprint to get my luggage and run to the door. I was excited to be home and see my dog as well as get on Xbox and talk to my friends. My mom walks up behind me holding the keys and I open the door.

As I walk in my dog is going crazy whining and jumping and I drop everything and run to him ruffling his fur. When he settles down from me giving him attention I throw my bag in my room and return to my thrown where I turn on my Xbox. I hope everyone's on...
———————————————————————
YALL THIS BOOK IS POPPIN OFF AND I WANNA THANK YALL FOR READING. Just yesterday this book was at around 760 reads and now it's almost 3k! That's insane! Thank you so much!!!