4: Team Chaos

13 year old Kaida smiles softly, basking in the light summer breeze and the bright sunny day. She kicks her feet back and forth, brushing her two boxer braids behind her ears. Her hair now reached her upper thighs without being braided.

  "Kai! Let's go, we're gonna be late dattebayo!" 12 year old Naruto shouts from the ground. Kaida sighs heavily at her peace being interrupted before she falls off the tree branch. She lands on her feet and gives her best friend a small look.

  Naruto wore a dark grey sleeveless shirt, black ninja pants with an orange hem, black ninja sandals, and a black kimono jacket with an orange flame design. He had bandages wrapped around his ankles and his wrists and his black hitai-ate is tied around his forehead, keeping his hair out of his eyes. His blonde hair was longer, reaching his shoulders and with it becoming longer, it lost some of its spikiness.

  "It's just our team assignments, Naru. We're fine," Kaida says while she starts walking. Naruto rolls his eyes and follows after the pink haired girl.

  Kaida wore a sleeveless, muted red qipao dress with a white ring embroidered on the back. It had slits going up to her hips and two white rings embroidered on the front and back flap. Underneath the qipao dress, she wore black spandex shorts, mesh leggings, and a mesh turtleneck, long sleeved shirt. Around her neck is her muted red hitai-ate with a white ring embroidered on each side of the metal band and she wore muted red fingerless gloves.

  "I'm so excited! We're going to be on a team with Hinata-chan!" Naruto exclaims, making Kaida smile with an eye roll.

  "How did you convince Hokage-sama? As Rookie of the Year, you need to be on a team with one of the Top Kunoichi and Dead Last," She asks curiously, turning around to walk backwards. Naruto just gives her a mischievous smile and shrugs.

  "Naruto-kun, Kaida-chan!" Hinata's voice startles the two friends. Hinata jumps down from a rooftop and lands in front of them. Kaida smiles softly.

  "Hey, Hinata-chan! I thought you'd already be at the Academy, dattebayo!" Naruto states with a bright smile. Hinata giggles and shakes her head, linking her arms with Naruto and Kaida. She wore dark blue padded leggings, a mesh tank top, and a pale purple kimono with a wisteria flower pattern and the Hyūga clan symbol on embroidered on the sleeves. The kimono went down to her knees and the sleeves went an inch past her fingertips. Her dark blue hitai-ate was tied around her waist. Her hair went down to her upper back and was pulled back into a ponytail, bangs covering her forehead and two longer strands framing her face.

  "Otōsama needed me for something. Are you excited to be placed on the same team?" Hinata asks, stutter long gone but voice still soft. Kaida frowns slightly, half-heartedly glaring at her two friends.

  "Am I the only one who doesn't know how Naru convinced Hokage-sama about placing us all on the same team?" She asks primly, nose turned up slightly. Naruto and Hinata smile at her, humming in affirmation. Kaida huffs quietly with an eye roll.

  "I feel bad for Sasuke-san. He'll most likely be placed on a team with his fangirls," Kaida changes the subject, making Hinata nod with sympathy and Naruto scoff with an eye roll.

  "Well, he has to be placed on the Jōnin track. He's the back-up heir of the Uchiha Clan. I haven't heard of an heir or back-up heir not on the Jōnin track. It will make Konoha look weak," Hinata comments.

  "The Jōnin track?" Naruto asks in confusion. Kaida hums while glancing at the Hokage Mountain.

  "We have twelve clan kids in a class of 21 Academy graduates. There is Kiba-kun: a back-up heir, Shino-san: the Aburame heir, Hina: the Hyūga heir, Sasuke-san: a back-up heir, Nagisa-san: the Yoshida heir, Sadashi-chan: a back-up heir, you, Naru: most likely the Uzumaki heir even though only my family and Hokage-sama know, me: the heir of the Haruno Clan after Otōsan becomes the clan head even if Hokage-sama is the only one who knows, Sakura: a back-up heir, Shikamaru-kun: the Nara heir, Chōji-san: the Akimichi heir, and Ino-chan: the Yamanaka Heir," Kaida starts calmly. "Normally there are only nine spots for the Jōnin track each year–which Hokage-sama chooses from the graduating class–and the rest of the class, if they become Genin, are stuck in the Genin and Chūnin Corps, probably half going to the ANBU. Since there are twelve clan kids–you, me and Sakura not publicly known as clan kids–they had to give three more spots. Of course, even if you weren't a clan kid, you would have been given a spot because of your... special power."