7: Celebration Time

"Kai, why did you have to be upset?" Naruto whines slightly, tightening the bandages around his bleeding leg. Hinata stays laying face down in the ground, her back wrapped in bandages.

  Kaida glares at Naruto while bandaging her arms. "You were upset too, if I recall."

  "Now, now my little Genin. Don't go fighting each other after such a wonderful training session." Kakashi pops up, earning glares from the three Genin. "I am pleasantly surprised by you three! Meet here tomorrow at 0830 hours. We'll start the D Rank Missions." He quickly disappears in a whirl of leaves.

  Kaida perks up at the mention of doing missions and smiles slightly. They passed despite not taking the teamwork test her father always complained about.

  "That fucker. Not even stating the fact that we passed," Inner snarls angrily, earning a glare from Kaida at the cussword. The pink haired girl stands up with a small groan and stretches out her soar back.

  "Let's go. Okāsan and Otōsan will be expecting the good news. Hina-chan, will you be staying for dinner? It is quite late," She says, forcing Naruto and Hinata up. Naruto hisses slightly when he puts pressure on his leg and quickly hops onto his one leg.

  Hinata gives Kaida a small glare, but nods her head. "If it's alright with Mebuki-san and Kizashi-san. Otōsama had assumed correctly I would be out later than usual and gave me permission before I left."

  Kaida nods her head and pulls Naruto's arm over her shoulders. She helps Naruto walk as the three of them make their way towards the Haruno household. Kaida pauses and turns her head towards the right. Before she could determine who it was, the spark she sensed disappeared.

  "Fucking shinobi..."

  "Kai-chan?" Hinata's voice breaks the pink haired girl from the distraction.

  "I sensed someone. They disappeared," She says, continuing to walk with Naruto using her as his support.

  "Did you recognize them? It better not be Kakashi-Sensei," Naruto grumbles with a frown.

  Kaida hums distractedly, glancing back at the tree where the spark was. "No... It is familiar, though."

  She doesn't put much thought into it for the rest of the walk.

-----

    "Kaida, you look like crap," Sakura says bluntly, walking down the stairs. Kaida gives her twin a deadpan expression before unceremoniously dropping Naruto onto one of the dining chairs. Hinata slowly sits down next to the blonde, wincing at her sore and slightly throbbing back.

  "Okāsan, Kaida's home with Naruto-kun and Hinata-chan!" Sakura calls out before sitting down across from Naruto.

  Mebuki walks in with a steaming pot of ramen. "How did your test go?"

  "I lost my temper a bit and instead of taking the test, he brutally trained us. We did pass though. We interested him, I'm sure," Kaida says with a small blush. Mebuki smiles softly and gives her youngest daughter a small pat on the shoulder.

  "Kakashi was always a bit sadistic when training. You gave him my message, yes?" The brunette asks cheerfully. Sakura pales slightly at the familiar tone in her mother's voice.

  "...what message?" Sakura questions hesitantly. Kaida and Mebuki donned similar smiles.

  "Oh, nothing you need to worry about Nēchan. Just a threat. Kakashi-Sensei is Obito-san's and Rin-san's team member," Kaida clarifies calmly. Sakura opens her mouth slightly in realization.

  "He's the ANBU, right?" Sakura starts to fix herself a bowl of ramen. "Okāsan, please don't kill him. Obito-kun and Rin-chan can't give you an alibi. They're on that A-Rank mission remember?"

  "Oh, don't worry, my dragon. I wasn't going to kill Kakashi. Not yet." Kizashi walks into the dining room at that statement.

  "Why are we killing 'Kashi? Proud of you all for passing," The pink haired man says, ruffling Kaida's hair. It falls out of the buns even more and makes Kaida scowl slightly.

  "We're not killing him. Now, sit. We have a celebration to do!" Mebuki exclaims with a bright grin. Kizashi grins and sits at the end of the table, fixing himself some ramen.

  "Did you send my letter to Sofu-sama?" Kaida asks while fixing her own bowl of ramen. Naruto fixes himself three bowls and Hinata fixes herself four.

  "Yes, after you left. His answer should be here in two days. What did you write to him? About becoming Genin?" Her father answers with a curious tilt of his head.

  Kaida smiles softly and takes a bite of her ramen. "Yes, and I asked permission for me and Kura-nē to attend the celebration the clans will host in three months." She turns and gives her best friend a grin.

  "I also asked if you could accompany us to Haruno Clan Celebration, Naru-kun," She adds. "I hope you don't mind."

  The blonde chokes on his ramen and starts coughing. Hinata gently reaches over and rubs his back as he continues to cough for a few more moments.

  "You–you–why?" Naruto stutters out, finally able to breathe. Kaida smiles brightly and shrugs.

  "While you are not a Haruno, you are still family. Sobo-sama will be incredibly happy to meet you," Kaida says as if it was a simple thing. She definitely knows it isn't, but nothing is ever simple when Naruto is involved. Not that she minded.

  "I'm sure Gifu-sama allow it. Gibo-sama was ecstatic when we told her you existed. She was always so close-knit with her old clan before the Destruction of Uzushiogakure no Sato," Mebuki says softly, remembering the trip to Kizashi's home country after she and Kizashi met the blonde.

  "I'm excited to go, dattebayo! What's it like?" Naruto exclaims loudly, a bright grin growing on his face.

  "Snowy. It isn't like Konohagakure," Kaida says with a small smile.

  "I'll help you make some appropriate clothes for the celebration. Do you need help for the party in few months?" She asks before eating some of her ramen.

  Naruto smiles brightly and nods his head. "Please! You're better at all the clothes stuff than me, dattebayo."

  The family enjoy the rest of the night of celebration. It won't be something they would be able to do for a long time.

-----

Hey! Hope you like the new chapter! What does that ending mean??? I wonder... Lol.

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far. Bye!

WhovianWhoudini