8: Missions and Goodbyes

My granddaughter Kaida,

I am glad that you and Sakura have graduated. I am immensely proud. From my son's letter, he informed me that that Hatake is your teacher. How is he? If he is not as credible as the rumors say, I will contact Hokage-sama and have you and the rest of your team transferred. Are you faring well in your Kenjutsu and Taijutsu?

Uzumaki Naruto may come to the family celebration. Nanami is impatiently waiting to see where he will be added to the Uzumaki Family Tree. As for this clan celebration for Konohagakure's next generation graduating, I give you and Sakura permission to attend. I know I do not have to tell you both not to embarrass the Haruno Clan, even if it is not recognized as a clan in Konohagakure no Sato, yet. But please use this as a reminder.

I wish the best for you and Sakura with your team placements. If I recall my son's team placement correctly, I am sure I know which placement you have and I look forward to hearing about your adventures through others.

Be well my Dragon,

Lord Haruno Kaname

Kaida smiles softly at the letter before rolling it back up. She sets it down on her desk and stands up.

"Kaida-chan, are you coming? Kakashi-Sensei had said to be at the bridge by 1000 hours," Hinata asks, landing on Kaida's window sill from outside.

Kaida nods her head. "Of course! I want to berate him for taking us on non-stop D Rank missions for the past two weeks."

"In front of Hokage-sama and Iruka-Sensei, I assume?" Hinata asks curiously. The pink haired girl hums with a small shrug as the two jump out of the window.

"Maybe. Is Naru-kun waiting for us?" Hinata nods her head.

"I didn't mention it, but I like your new outfit," The blue haired girl compliments softly. Kaida smiles while glancing down at her outfit. She wore the same thing from her Genin test.

"You look like a weak noble, but I guess that's good." Inner Kaida is ignored by the pink haired girl. "Are you going to buy more shit like this? You aren't using your mission pay for anything yet."

-----

"A noble's wife needs help with babysitting her two kids and an elderly lady needs help with trimming her yard," Hiruzen says, holding two scrolls.

Kaida inspects her red painted fingernails, face carefully blank. "Are there any C Rank missions?"

"Kaida-chan!" Iruka scolds lightly.

"Haruno-san, your team are Genin. Which means you will take the D Rank missions. When you have more experience, there may be a C Rank for you," Hiruzen says before taking a drag from his pipe.

"Out of the four teams, mine has the most 'experience' as you put it. We hit the required number of D Rank missions to receive a C Rank last week. The only reason we are still taking D Rank missions is because Kakashi-Sensei is still pouting that I saw through his Genin Test," Kaida argues back and stares at the Third Hokage.

"I am not upset-"

"Kakashi-Sensei, you laughed menacingly at our boredom two days ago," Naruto points out with a frown. Kakashi blushes a bit and coughs awkwardly.

Hinata hums innocently. "Not only have we reached the requirement, but one C Rank mission will teach us so much more than 50 D Ranks."

"Hm..." Hiruzen gives a small shrug. "I see your point. I do have one C Rank mission just for you."