15: Team Meeting

Kaida felt leagues better once she woke up again. She could tell it had only been a couple hours, but she was brimming with energy.

  "Be careful idiot," Inner Kaida says before fading to the background. Kaida rolls her eyes before slowly sitting up from the futon. She winces slightly at the pain from her ribs moving as she starts to stand up.

  Kaida sighs softly in relief when she realizes she had enough strength to stand up and stay standing. She slowly walks over to the door, using the wall as a crutch in case she falls.

  She smells something cooking once she opens the door. A pleased hum escapes her throat before she slowly makes her way down the stairs. Kaida uses the railing to bear her weight when she needs to take a step with her fractured leg. A sharp pain travels up her body everytime she needs to jump down a step.

  "Okāsan! The lady's up!" Kaida snaps her head up at the sudden shout. She sees a young boy standing at the end of the stairs.

  "Haruno-san? Oh, you shouldn't be walking so soon!" Tsunami exclaims as she rushes out of what Kaida assumes is the kitchen. She rushes up the stairs, tripping over a couple of the steps.

  "Apologies, Tsunami-san... but I was just brimming with energy... and whatever you're cooking smells delicious right now," Kaida says with a calm smile.

  Tsunami sighs in exasperation before she grabs the pink haired girl's arm. "You need to be more careful. The healing process will be more painful if you make anything heal the wrong way."

  Kaida smiles softly as the woman starts helping her down the stairs. A loud crash startles the two before a sudden yellow blur appears form the dining room.

  "Kai?! Kai!" Naruto exclaims loudly, sprinting straight towards Kaida. A sudden shoe slams into the back of his head, making him stumble to the ground. He hits his head against the first step with a yelp.

  "Kaida-chan's injured, Naruto-kun!" Hinata exclaims as she runs out of the dining room. "Don't tackle her!"

  "Hinata-chan!" Naruto whines as he rubs his head. Kaida stifles a giggle as Tsunami sighs in exasperation.

  "Thank you Hyūga-san. Uzumaki-san, please set up a spot for Haruno-san," Tsunami says in a soft, yet stern tone. Naruto flushes red before he quickly scrambles up.

  "I'm glad you're up, Kai! Hey, Kakashi-Sensei! Kai's awake!" Naruto shouts excitedly. Kaida smiles when Hinata walks to her other side once she steps off the stairs. They slowly make their way to the dining room.

  Kaida glances at the boy through her peripheral vision. He was glaring at them both. Hm...

  "Such a brat," Inner Kaida sneers, making Kaida internally roll her eyes with a sigh.

  "Kaida-chan?" Hinata asks worriedly. The pink haired girl smiles at her best friend and gently shakes her head.

  "I'm fine. Just a small thought. Are you alright Hina? Nothing broken?" She asks softly as they enter the dining room. Hinata gives her a small look before smiling. She shakes her head before the sound of something wooden interrupts their moment.

  Kakashi walks over with crutches and hidden exhaustion. "It's good to see you awake, Kaida-chan."

  "I'm sorry for taking so long..." Kaida trails off with a sheepish smile. "Did anything happened while I was out?"

  "Nothing you need to worry about. Zabuza's still alive." Kakashi shrugs nonchalantly, making Kaida blink with wide eyes. She stares at him for a few moments before slowly walking to her spot at the dining table.