6: Mornings and Anger

Kaida didn't like mornings. She preferred evenings and nights over the mornings of bright sunlight and everything waking up. But she powers through it, because she hates not doing anything even more.

So, when Naruto abruptly woke her up by pouncing on her bed, she was positive that today would be the day she committed her first murder. And the moment Naruto saw her face, he knew too.

"Kai, Kai! I'm really sorry, but we have our Genin test today!" Naruto exclaims, crouching on top of the bedroom door.

"I'll come up there if you're not going to come down and face your fate like a man," Kaida growls with narrowed eyes. Naruto shakes his head, making the pink haired girl release an animal-like growl. She climbs onto her dresser. Naruto screams loudly when Kaida pounces on his leg, forcing him to fall to the ground.

"Kaida, Naruto, you alright?" Kizashi shouts from downstairs.

Kaida puts Naruto in a headlock and restrains his arms. "Yeah, just committing a murder! Do we have any heavy duty trash bags?"

"We used the last one yesterday. You'll need to hold off Naruto's murder for the day," Kizashi calls out. Kaida frowns slightly before she reluctantly releases Naruto. He gasps for breath and quickly scrambles away from the pink haired girl.

"You better watch your back," She says before standing up and walking to her closet. "Get out. I need to get dressed."

Naruto is quick to leave, closing the door behind him. "Good morning Mebuki-oba, 'zashi-oji! Is breakfast ready?"

Kaida's expression smooths into her cool mask while she slowly gets ready for the day. Instead of boxer braids, she braids her hair into two braids before styling them into twin buns, carefully putting in engraved silver pins to keep them up. She wears a short, jade green kimono dress with silver dragons embroidered along the hem, dark red spandex shorts, black ninja boots, and jade green fingerless gloves. A white ring was embroidered on the left sleeve of the kimono and the sleeves went past her fingers by an inch. The obi was dark red and was tied in a tight, compact bow.

"What are you trying to do, make yourself look like some noble girl?" Inner Kaida sneers slightly, making Kaida roll her eyes. She loosely ties her hitai-ate around her neck.

"I am technically a noble, Inner. But, if you really want an explanation, I want to appear unassuming," Kaida explains calmly, not taking Inner's bait. Inner Kaida doesn't answer, but the pink haired girl could clearly feel her disappointment.

Kaida walks downstairs with a small smile. "Naru, are you ready to go to Training Ground 7?"

Naruto looks up from his plate of food, mouth comically full with food as he froze crouched on top of the counter. He swallows the food in his mouth, still staring at the pink haired girl.

"Okāsan, Naru is crouching on the counter again!" Kaida calls out before making herself a plate of breakfast.

"Kaida!" Naruto whines, quickly getting off of the counter right before Mebuki walks in with a frown.

"Uzumaki Naruto, how many times do I have to tell you, counters are for placing things on them, not to stand-or crouch on!" Mebuki scolds lightly, making the blonde groan.

"Sorry Mebuki-oba," He says with a pout. Kaida smirks triumphantly while quickly eating her breakfast. Karma is a bitch.

"Kaida, leftovers from last night are in the fridge. Please tell Hinata I said hello." Mebuki turns and gives her youngest daughter a smile.

The pink haired girl nods her head, humming. "Of course, Okāsan. I'll see you after the test."

"Remember to tell Kakashi that if he doesn't visit soon, I'll hunt him down and hit him with a frying pan," The brunette says, making Kaida giggle.

ˢᵖʳⁱⁿᵍ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿ :|: 𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘰On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara