13: Run

"We are going to die if you don't treat yourself," Inner Kaida hisses urgently. Kaida completely blocks her out of her mind, almost collapsing to the ground. She coughs wetly, watching with hazy vision as blood splatters out of her mouth.

  Kaida manages to keep her balance and slowly starts walking again, using her ōdachi as a crutch. She glances at the passed out Kakashi on her back before glancing down at the makeshift sled she made for her best friends and her client.

  "Kaida." The pink haired girl growls heavily and glares at her inner.

  "We're 'most there," Kaida says, words slurring. She stumbles to the side and tries to use her sword to keep herself from falling. Her legs give out and a whimper leaves her mouth when the shuriken in her side digs deeper.

  She coughs even more, keeping herself up with her hands on the ground. Her vision goes even fuzzier as she shakily gets back up. She stays still for a moment before taking a deep breath and walking.

  "Tōsan? Tōsan!" A sudden voice rings alarm bells in Kaida's head. She looks up and takes out a kunai. She sees a beautiful woman standing a few feet in front of her with a boy behind her legs.

  Kaida blinks rapidly and slowly lowers the kunai. "You–you're Tsunami-san?"

  The woman nods with wide eyes, hands shaking. Kaida feels her knees buckle before she collapses to the ground.

  "You're–Tazuna-san is f'ne. Got knocked out..." Kaida trails off. The world starts to spin around her and she tries to blink away the blood loss.

  "Shit, Kaida!" Kaida falls forward, her eyes rolling back into her head. She sees Tsunami rushing over before her vision fades to black.

-----

    "How can you tell someone's following us?" Kaida turns towards a curious and tense Tazuna. She their surroundings one more glance before focusing on the old man.

  "I can sense people's... presence. It isn't a skill I can train on my own, but I am able to feel when someone suddenly appears or disappears," Kaida explains vaguely. They walk along a dirt road, trees covering both sides with a small amount of mist.

  Naruto raises his arms above his head and stretches, pouting slightly. "It makes it impossible to sneak up on her, dattebayo!"

  "Not impossible Naru," Kaida retorts with a small smile, "just less likely to be successful."

  Naruto scowls and crosses his arms with a harrumph. Kaida stifles a giggle while Hinata covers her mouth to muffle hers. Kaida takes out one of her hairpins and throws it into the bushes. She grabs the hilt of her ōdachi and glares at the bushes.

  "Kaida?" Hinata asks worriedly, immediately activating her Byakugan. The pink haired girl stays silent as she watches the bush rustle. A white bunny rushes out, limping heavily with the hairpin imbedded in its leg.

  Kaida narrows her eyes, grabbing the bunny by the scruff of its neck when it tries to sprint by her. She takes out the hairpin, still inspecting the bunny.

  A spark of deadly rapid water and bloodlust fills her mind. "Get down!"

  She rushes forward and tackles Tazuna to the ground. A loud swish flies right above her head, quickly followed by a loud thunk.

  "Kaida, get the hell out of there," Inner Kaida hisses, eyes wide with fear. Kaida quickly gets up in a crouched position, taking out a kunai.