Chapter 3: America and Marlee

America's Pov
" Lady America? It's time to get up!" Anne says. I groan. They pull off the covers off. I drag myself to the bathtub and soak myself in the hot water. Once I get out, I dress myself into a plain teal blue dress that reaches right below my knees. My hair is then done up into a bun. I walk down the stairs an hear some voices. " You shouldn't come anymore." a deep voice says. " Why?" Says a voice that sounds very familiar. "I can't risk getting you in trouble." The deep voice whispers. " Our love is worth the risk. And I love you, not him." The familiar voice whispers. "I love you too. see you later." the deep voice says. I run down the stairs to see if I can catch who was talking. At the bottom of the stairs I see Marlee. " Who were you talking to?" The words escape my mouth. "Nobody......" Marlee says and tries to walk into the women's room. "Hold on. Marlee, you can tell me anything. I can keep a secret." I promise. Marlee turns around and says " It's hard to explain."
" Marlee! Come on!! Just tell me!" I say starting to get mad. "No, I can't. And it's nothing YOU need to know!" She shouts, her cheeks turning red. Then she walks into the women's room.