Chapter 11

America's POV
I sit straight up gasping for air. I have a brace, that goes over my stomach and around my back, and I'm breathing with an oxygen tank. I look around. I'm in the Nurses Office at the castle. A sense of relief surges through me.

"Miss America! Lie down, you will damage your back even more!" A nurse comes rushing over to me and makes me lie down.
What happened?" I ask.
"We aren't exactly sure. Prince Maxon found you at that one tree, and you blacked out. He took you here. We think you blacked out because the lack of oxygen you were getting. Prince Maxon came every day to check on you." She says.
"How long have I been out?"
"Almost three days." she says.
"I'm...I'm fine. I can go now." I say getting up.
"No, no, no. You're staying here." she says, pushing me back down into bed. "Do you remember what happened?"
"No, not really." That was a lie. I remember everything. Even what they were wearing. The door to the Nurses Office opens, Maxon walks in.
"America?"
"Maxon?" He runs over to me, and gives me a hug. The nurse stands there, with a blank look on her face.
"You are dismissed." Maxon says.
"But I..." the nurse starts.
"Just give us a minute." He says, cooly. She walks away muttering.
He takes my hand in his.
"Maxon, I'm fine."
"No, your not. This isn't a rose thorn. It's all my fault." He says.
"No, it's not." I say.
"Maxon!" I hear, from down the hall. It's the king.
"I have to go, my dear." he says, kissing me on the cheek, and walks out the door.
"I'm not your dear."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading! I really appreciate it! Remember to comment and vote! I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas!- Izzy B.