Chapter 9: Date

Celeste's POV
I limp down the stairs, with Maxon's arm supporting me. America is on the other side of the stairs, her arms crossed, scowling. I trip on one of the steps and fall into Maxon. He helps me back up and we finally make it down.
"So Maxon, what are we eating?" I ask, to break the tension.
"Did I say we were eating?" he asks, opening the door, letting us into the garden. The night air is cool against my skin. The moon is bright and full, and a soft wind whips at my ankles. The flowers seem to radiate in the moonlight.
"Um, yes you did." America says.
"Oh I'm sorry! We are going to cook, then eat it. So, I guess we are eating." He corrects.
"Cooking outside?" I ask.
"Yes, it's very fun, actually. Here we are! Bertram? We have another guest here, joining us to cook!" He says, scurrying over to the kitchen. It is set up perfectly. Cookbooks are set out, and servants are standing by. America slides next to me.
"We both don't want to cook, so let's not make it worse by fighting." She says.
"Agreed." We shake hands and walk over to Maxon, who is beaming with excitement.
"What would you like to bake?" He asks.
"I don't know," America says, "A cake?"
"Good idea! I'll read the instructions. Set the oven to 375." I scurry over to the oven, and press a few buttons. I hear a beeping sound. I look closer at the oven. I find a red button blinking, and there is a small digital countdown clock thing. The beeping is getting faster. The clock reads 30, and is counting down.
"Um, Prince Maxon?" I ask.
"Yes, my dear?"
"Could you please come over here?" He walks over with the cookbook still in his hands.
"What's that?" I point to the red light. He quints, then his eyes open up big. He drops the book, grabs my wrist, and takes off.
"Run!" Then, I am blown backwards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUSPENCE! Okay, hope you liked this chappie! Please vote and comment!- me