Chapter 14

Hi everyone! This chapters shoutout goes to daughterofthesea55 , for voting! Love you all! Love hearing your comments! Give me ideas! Sorry I haven't written in a while! I was on vacation. Here's the next chappie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marlee's POV
It's the night of the ball. Carter told me to meet him in one of the closets. I look around to make sure nobody is watching and open the door. Carter is inside and he is wringing his hands.
"This needs to stop." Carter says.
"What?" I say, completely blind sided.
"We can't do this, anymore." He repeats. My mouth drops.
"What? Why?" I marvel.
"This could end badly, I don't want to hurt you."
"But that's the risk I want to take. I love you, Carter." I say, a tear running down my face. I take his hand, and plead.
"Please?" His eyes fill with sympathy.
"No, I just can't." He lets my hand go, and starts to open the door. For a last attempt to keep him with me, I stop him and give him a kiss. And he actually kisses me back. I put my arms around his neck, and his hands are in my hair. I finally think I got him back, when the door opens. We break away. It's a guard, he's looking back and forth between the two of us.
"Carter...." The guard says.
"Troy, please. Don't...."Carter pleads. His eyes are filled with fear.
"I'm sorry."
~~~~~~~~~~
Marlee's POV
They took us in cuffs, into a room with no windows, and the door seemed to disappear after it was shut. A single lightbulb hung from the ceiling. Carter was facing me in the corner of the room, sliding down into a sitting position. I run up to where the door was, and start pulling and pushing on it.
"No, please! This can't be happening....." I say, desperately, "This is all my fault, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I put my head against the door. A hand rests on my shoulder.
"No, it's not. It's my fault as much as it is yours." He says. I still don't turn around.
"I know this sounds cheesy but, as long as we are together, I don't care where we are." That's when tears start to stream down my face.
"Carter...." I start, but he picks me up and hugs me. As soon as he sets me down, the door opens. Prince Maxon enters the room alone.
"Prince Maxon, I didn't mean to..." I say.
"I know. It's important to find the one you love. You understand what I have to do. Right? I don't want to. I really don't." He says.
"We understand, Prince Maxon. We didn't mean to betray you." Carter apologizes. Prince Maxon holds up his hand.
"I know. I don't want your apologies. Tomorrow you will serve your sentence," he goes into a whisper,"There will be a woman in the stands, with a blue fan. After everyone is gone, go to her and say ,'Crown of the king'. Follow her, she will help you."
"Thank you." I say. And I really do mean it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'll never fall apart,
Cause we fit together like,
Two pieces of a broken heart.
- Demi Lovato (Two Pieces)

Hoped you liked that chapter! Remember to comment and vote! Love to hear what you think and if you have any ideas! - Izzy B.