Chapter 13

Thx for reading! I'm happy that you guys like my story! I really love hearing your comments it makes me feel like you appreciate my story! This weeks shout out goes to @K_BRES! You have been reading my story since the start! Hope you like this chappie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
America's POV
"Try with these." The nurse says, handing me crutches. When I'm finally allowed to leave the Nurse's Office, I still can't walk, without seeing black spots. I refused to use a wheelchair. I use the crutches.
"Are they okay?" She asks.
"Yes they are fine. Can I go now?" I ask.
"Fine, but come back tomorrow." She says, and I make my way out of there. I reach the stairs when I remember, well, I can't go up the stairs. I feel two arms wrap around my waist.
"Guess who?"
"Maxon!" I say and give him a hug.
"Thought you might need some help." He sweeps me off my feet, and starts up the stairs. I feel at home in his arms. But there's a feeling, like there is a rock in my stomach. Aspen. Maxon. I look into his eyes. He doesn't deserve me.
"Maxon, there's something I want to tell you." I start.
"Yes, my.......America?" He asks, putting my down and handing me my crutches.
"I.....I.....um...." I begin.
"Is something wrong?" He asks.
"I........really want to do something tonight." I lie.
"I'll pick you up at 8:00?"
"Sure."
"See you then." I say, then I walk into my room. I fall onto my bed, the covers surrounding me in the fluffy softness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up, and look at the clock. 7:47. I shoot out of bed, but dark spots block my vision. I lie down,until they fade. Mary walks in.
"I need a dress." I say, and she is on it. She gets me a blue dress with ruffles fall from my chest.
"It's beautiful." I marvel, twirling around.
"Let me do your hair." She says. My hair is pushed to the side with a small braid. Just in time. I hear a knock on the door.
"Hey Maxon." I say grabbing my crutches.
"America, come with me." He says.
" Where are we going?" I ask, trying to catch up to Maxon with my crutches.
"This way." We reach a large wooden door, with carvings. Maxon looks around, and opens the door. We walk in. Inside is a ballroom, with a beautiful stain glass window, there's a magnificent painting on the ceiling, and a chandelier.
"Maxon....it's beautiful, but you know I can't dance like this." I explain.
"I think you can." He says crossing the floor to me. He grabs my crutches and drops them on the floor, and I lean against him for balance. My breath is knocked out of me, and I start to fall. Maxon lifts me up. He brings me to the center of the floor. Music starts to play. Maxon puts his hands on my waist, and I put mine on his shoulders. We sway to the music.
"I told you, that you could do it." He whispers. I put my hand on his cheek, and give him a kiss. We dance for a long time, not speaking. Then, the door opens. It's the king.
"Dad!" Maxon yells, letting me go. I fall to the floor.
"I'm sorry, America." He says picking me up. We walk to my crutches.
"What are you sound here?" Maxon asks his dad.
"You have work to do. You shouldn't be here, with.....her." He says coldly. I limp out the door, leaving Maxon alone with his dad.