ii. prelude & aesthetics

— SYNOPSIS —

— SYNOPSIS —

Malachi Creed has never been one to crave attention. Unlike most jocks, the title and attention around campus never appealed to Malachi. Throughout his life, Malachi has learned that no matter how much you could love or trust a person; they will somehow always hurt him. He locks his heart in a tight cage, concealing it from the rest of the world. Out of nowhere, someone enters his life, setting off a new feeling in Malachi and threatening to open this cage he has hidden himself in for almost his whole life. The twist, this new spitfire in his life, is the complete opposite to him. And he despises her with a burning passion.

Brinley Jones has high expectations for her future. Aiming to achieve her dream of becoming a surgeon, she is working hard, hoping to get into her dream medical school. Dealing with a broken heart isn't something she anticipated dealing with at the end of her junior year. But when her best friend invites her on a surprise trip to help aid her in getting over the dick she calls an ex, along with four notorious soccer players around campus, it seems like the perfect distraction. What happens when she finds an unexpected attraction to one of them?

Despite their burning hatred for each other, they don't expect their attraction to each other to be reciprocated, let alone be as compatible as they are. But you know what everyone always says; opposites attract.

— EPIGRAPH —

" and in her smile i see something
more beautiful than the stars "

— SERIES —

Something Gained (Aidan's Book)
Into the Stars (Brinley and Malachi's Book)
Electric Love (Tyson's Book)
Before Us (Holden's Book)

note: each book in this series can be read as a standalone but each is interconnected and are recommended to be read in order to prevent spoilers.

— TIMELINE —

started: 19 February 2022
finished: 9 February 2023

— DEDICATION —

"don't blame me, love made me crazy
if it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right"
- taylor swift (aka my fav person)

— PLAYLIST —

DRESS | TAYLOR SWIFT
" our secret moments in your crowded room,
they've got no idea about me and you "