chapter twenty-three

INTO THE STARS
———
BRINLEY

Oh, God...

Is death by receiving head a thing? I sure fucking hope not because I would've been six feet under long ago.

Malachi's tongue works on my swollen clit as his fingers plunge in and out of me. A moan threatens to escape my mouth, which I have to tamp down. That would be one way for our current roommates to find out about... whatever this is.

My fingers thrust into the almost-black strands of hair on Malachi's head, holding him steady in the place that brings stars to my vision.

"Fuck..." I groan out when he works me faster and faster, as if knowing I am nearing my orgasm.

He halts to release a chuckle; the vibration wracking against my bare skin, furthering my pleasure. "You taste so, so fucking good, Jones."

And just like that, his tongue operates harder on my clit, his fingers push in and out of me and the stars return. The impending orgasm sweeps over me, my body squirming from the pleasure and I am sure the grip I have on his hair pulled out some strands from how hard I was pulling on it. A moan falls out of my mouth, loudly, and I know there was no stopping that sound from escaping.

Let's just pray that the walls aren't too thin, and Holden is a heavy sleeper. 

After the pleasure coursing through my body subsides, Malachi stands from his kneeling spot on the ground, his gaze penetrating through me. I cannot read his impassive expression while he peruses me. He stands there like a statue, and I wish I could just receive one thought running through his mind as he stares at me with a wistful face.

I sit up from the bed, righting my hair, which I know is sticking in many places right now. The air in my bedroom is thick with the smell of sex and Malachi's intoxicating scent. No matter how hard I try to resist the urge to look at Malachi and his body in front of me, my eyes drift to him.

His grey eyes connect with mine, and I narrow it down to my imagination when I notice them soften the tiniest bit. His gaze doesn't waver—like always—holding my eyes captive and entranced.

Malachi clears his throat, shutting his eyes and reopening them, diverting them to a completely different position. "Meet me on the balcony in fifteen minutes?" He states this sentence as more of a question than a statement.

I nod, curious to see why he wants to meet me there.

He reaches his hand out, his pinky extended. I hook mine with his, glancing down at the place where our hands are connected.

I gaze up at him just as he glimpses down at me, unhooking our fingers and leaving without uttering a word. As he walks out, I watch his back muscles move with each step. A slight glaze coats his bare skin and I can't place how it may have gotten there.

・    ・    ・

As promised, fifteen minutes later, I am sitting on the balcony on the verge of freezing and ready for the day.

Snow layers on the railing, threatening to fall. Flurries fall from the cloud-filled sky and, just like always, I can see people traveling down the mountain, looking like tiny ants from this far distance. With two days left of this trip, I am planning on spending as much time on the mountain.

Breaking the silence, Malachi opens the balcony door, strolling out looking like a figment of my worst intentions. He looks around the familiar view of the mountains and the tree-lined backyard. I glimpse down at the snow-coated grass and the hot tub that brings back all sorts of memories of Malachi and me. Memories of us kissing in the moonlight...