{Chapter 44}

"Clarity are you having a good time?" Amelia said as she sat down next to me fanning herself.

The moment the Dj began to play more hyper and fun music, everyone ran to the dance floor dancing with their friends without a care in the world. Lia and her group assembled together and became the center. of attention without even meaning to. It wasn't much of a surprise to me because they all looked so beautiful in their attire.

"Yeah I'm having a pretty good time, I'm not much of a dancer so I'm not planning on going to the dance floor," I chuckled as Amelia looked at me with a bored expression.

"You have to make the most of tonight! No matter how avant-garde your moves are you have to show them off! Show everyone just how graceful a butterfly moves with the wind," She said playfully as she fluttered as her hands as if they were butterfly wings.

"Well what about you? Why aren't you up there?" I questioned.

"Oh I was! Justin and I were tearing it up on the dance floor but I have to take a break or I'll die from exhaustion, he's such good fun to be around," She smiled warmly, twirling her hair between her fingers.

"I never would have imagined you are Justin actually having a good time together, you guys seem so completely different. I honestly thought you and Damien were going to be together for a long time," I admitted.

"The world works in curious ways doesn't it? It pulls you away from those who will do more harm than good to you even if you don't see it, you may think that person will be in your life forever and that nothing could go wrong but fate has something set differently, it things in someone completely knew that you've paid no mind to and they open your eyes to a whole other world. It's just so fascinating," She whispered the last part to herself as she smiled bubbly to herself.

Amelia's outlook on life was so different and normally so hard to understand but tonight I understood every word she was saying because I as concerned that related to Lia and I, I didn't want her to disappear from my life and nor did I want to disappear from hers.

"Looks like someone is coming to sweep you off your feet," Amelia said as she nodded behind me.

I turned around to see Lia barefoot and briskly walking towards our table.

"Why are you sitting down dork, come and dance with me," Lia said as she grabbed my hand.

"I can't I'm keeping Amelia company," I whined.

Amelia jumped up on her toes as she wagged her finger at me and shook her head.

"No no you aren't allowed to use me as an excuse, now go out and have fun!" Amelia said before running back to the dance floor to find Justin.

"No excuses," I heard Lia said as she yanked on my arm, pulling me towards the dance floor. We walked up to Alex, Asha, Abigail and Maddy all dancing and laughing with each other which made me nervous.

"What if they made fun of me because I wasn't good at dancing? I was never the type to go to parties so I never knew what an appropriate dance was for this type of environment.

"Stop overthinking it, just imagine only us two here," Lia whispered in my ear causing a pleasant chill to go down my spine.

I turned around to face her as she grabbed a hold of my hands and began to force my body to do some type of movement. I looked intensely into her warm grey eyes, a warmth I haven't seen from her in a while, she smiled at me as my motions became more loose and relaxed as I tried to imagine only us on the dance floor. We laughed with each other at our ridiculous dance moves, I, no longer caring who was around watching me because all that mattered was that Lia was watching me. She was watching me with a grin on her face and a warmth in her heart, something that I wanted to stay with her forever, I never wanted another dark day for her, I never wanted restless nights along with tired eyes for her.