{Chapter.5}

Chapter 5: In deep waters

I quickly got up from the lunch table and ignored everyone and focused my attention on Lia.

I followed them out of the cafeteria and stopped when I noticed them go into the girls bathroom.

I stopped at the door and listened closely.

"She didn't even get to hear my side of things! She just jumped to conclusions, I know what I did was wrong and I was scared" I heard Lia say.

My heart dropped when I heard those words. I was going to lose my best friend over something stupid, why didn't I just listen to her before saying those nasty things?

"She was just upset Lia, maybe if you forgive her-"

"I've forgiven my mother many of times  and she still hurts me, how will I know Clarity won't do the same? Maybe we can't recover from this,"

At that point I walked away from the bathroom door and walked back into the cafeteria.

I sat back down with Amelia and thought about what I heard.

I think I might have lost my best friend all because I couldn't keep my fat mouth shut. Now I just want to go crawl in a dark hole and rot forever.

"So what did you hear?" Amelia asked me.

Surprisingly Amelia and I are close friends, we aren't best friends like Lia and I but we are pretty close she just spends a lot of time with her boyfriend Damien who is the captain of the football team.

"She said I said a lot of things similar to her mother and she forgave her mother who hurt her a lot, what makes her think I won't keep hurting her." I hung my head.

"Damn you're swimming in deep water Clarity." She said.

"I can't swim."

"Exactly, you need to get out the deep end of the pool and get to at least 3 feet before you drown." Amelia said.

She always said weird stuff like that and used a lot of figurative language when talking, it was weird but helpful.

"I'm already drowning." I placed my head on the table.

Lia POV

I looked over and noticed Clarity with her head on the table and Amelia talking to her. Probably saying some weird shit.

I don't know how Damien was dating her.

"She looks so sad." Asha whispered as she snuggled into my neck.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

No we weren't necessarily dating, it was just something to keep each other busy.

"I know she was eavesdropping when we went into the bathroom, I saw her shadow under the door." I said.

"Give her a chance, obviously she feels regret in what she said, she isn't like your mother and you need to apologize to make things right." Asha smiled.

Asha was a gorgeous girl, she had light brown curly hair, a light brown complexion and freckles spread all around her face, she just seemed so unique and beautiful. Her hazel eyes seemed to look into your soul.

"Why are you staring at me?" She scrunched up her eyebrows and poked out her lip.

"You're very beautiful you know that right?" She shook her head and smiled.