{Chapter.11}

"Wait what?" I asked not processing it clearly.

"Please don't make me repeat myself." I scrunched up his face.

"Damien no! You're not that kind of guy! You're a sweet, quiet and thoughtful boy I expect that from these two assholes!" I pointed at Justin and Alex.

"Hey don't put us in this." Alex grumbled.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

Lia placed her hand on my thigh and I felt something shoot up through my body.

I looked at her and shook her head.
"Clarity just calm down."

"Clarity I didn't mean to do it, it was a accident." He said.

"Damien cheating on someone isn't a accident." I stood up and walked away from the table.

I wandered into the hallway until I found a empty classroom to sit in.

"Clarity?" I heard Lia call out for me.

"Im in here." I shouted back.

I watched as her figure emerged into the classroom and looked at me with sympathy.

She sat down in the seat next to me and scooted the desk closer to me.

"I understand you're mad at Damien, even though Amelia is weird no one deserves to be cheated on." She rubbed my back.

Even though Lia had nothing to do with this she still found it necessary to come in here after me and comfort me even after all I've done for her. I don't deserve my best friend but yet she still puts up with me.

She confuses my emotions so much that I think I love my best friend in more ways than one.

"Ugh Cecelia what are you doing to me?" I asked out loud as I banged my head on the desk.

"What do you mean? Im just trying to comfort you." She said confused.

"No Lia you confuse me, every time you're near me, my heart races, I can feel my blood pumping and my senses get weird. I've never felt this way about anyone but yet I have these feelings for you." I mumbled with my head down.

Silence.

I looked up and noticed Lia was now sitting on top of the teachers desk, looking away from me.

I quietly got up and forward until I was standing right in between her legs, my hands nervously moving toward her hands to grab them.

She looked up at me and it sort of looked like she was teary eyed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Clarity I don't know what to say, im honesty confused. You know im not the type of person to handle emotions and feelings so well so I don't know what to think about what you said." She laughed.

"Well just tell me what you feel like cause right now this is weird to me, Im honestly scared." I said nervously.

"Why?"

"I've never felt this way about another girl let alone my best friend." I chuckled.

She didn't say anything she just stared at me as if trying to understand me.

"Can you please say something? This is getting awkward me standing between your-"

She cut me off by smashing her lips against mine and wrapping her arms around my waist, catching me by surprise.

She pulled me closer to her not wanting to let me go, scared of rejection. The only time I ever kissed a girl was when I was drunk at that party which also happened to be Lia but now im fully sober and I feel everything.

After the shock wore off and the sparks and passion began filling me, I quickly responded back, gripping her shoulders and never wanting to leave her side.

I felt so alive, I felt the passion behind it as her tongue fought for dominance and my hands snaked up to her hair.

And for the second time, she pushed me away.

I stumbled back and nearly fell since she did push me rather roughly. Then the bell rang and she quickly scurried outside as a swarm of kids gathered around into the hallways trying to get to their next classes. I rushed to the  cafeteria hoping to see Lia and also grab my bag but by the time I got there the table was empty.

"Damn it Lia why must you be so weird with your feelings?" I muttered to myself.

I walked out of the lunch room defeated because Lia and I didn't have any classes together after lunch so I knew she would make an effort to avoid me as much as possible.

*********************

The bell finally rang for dismissal and I looked around at the sea of kids rushing out the door to get far away from school as possible.

"Fuck, how the hell am I supposed to get home?" I cursed to myself.

Note to self, persuade parents to buy you a car for school instead of depending on other people to drive you. I could get on a school bus but the last time I got on one I ended up with a hair full of ice cream.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Damien smiling at me.

"Lia said you needed a ride home so I came to the rescue." He said.

"Don't you have football practice?" I asked.

"No it's cancelled today."

I nodded my head and followed him out to his car. It was an awkward ride because I did find out today that Damien cheated on one of my close friends and that's just not cool.

"Damien 3 years you have been dating Amelia, why throw all of that away?" I turned to him.

He sighed and gripped the steering wheel tighter.

"Clarity it was a accident, I was intoxicated at the party and I just wasn't myself."

"You are starting to sound like the cliché football player." I mumbled.

"Clarity you have no right to be in my business this is between Amelia and I." He snapped at me.

I turned to look at him in shock because Damien never snapped at anyone.

"Let me out right here." I hissed.

He pulled over and let me out. As I slammed the door shut he sped off, not caring where he just left me.

Luckily I know this neighborhood like the back of Lia's hand.

I walked home in a grumpy mood thinking how Damien was being an ass, then my mind drifted to Lia. I hated how she was so closed off and was so awkward with her feelings.

I wanted to know how she was feeling, what her thoughts about me were but instead she runs away.