{Chapter.28}

We rushed into the hospital and literally ran to the front desk.

"Hello there, is there a patient named Cecelia Summers here? She was checked in a few hours ago." Alex told the nurse up front.

She told us where to go and we imediately jetted down the hall and up the stairs until we seen Abigail down the hall pacing back and forth.

"Hey um my mother is down there sitting in front of the door." Abby said nervously.

"Where's your father?" I asked.

"He's um, being held at the police station." She said embarrassed and in tears.

"What happened?!" Alex yelled.

"The police said Dad was assaulting Lia so she ran out of the house to get away from him but she ran out into traffic and got hit by a car." Abby explained.

I was in shock, I didn't know what to say and I knew Alex didn't know what to say either.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"She's currently in a coma and the nurse has been in there forever so we can't see her until she's done." Abby said.

She beckoned for us to follow her until her mother came into view. I didn't think this is how I would be meeting Lia's mother. In a hospital in front of Lia's door.

She looked up and I could see a small resemblance of Lia. She had blonde hair and hazel eyes and she was indeed a beautiful woman in her late forties. Her eyes were blood shot red from constantly crying which honestly surprised me.

"Hello Alexander and Clarity." She got up to hug us.

"Hello Mrs. Summers, how are you?" Alex asked polietly.

"To be honest I'm not well at all, I am being punished by the Lord himself and I feel his punishment." More tears began to slide down her face.

She sat back down and looked at the ground.

"Im going to go comfort Abby, you stay here." Alex whispered in my ear.

Fuck.

Fuck me.

I didn't want to stay here with her mother but I guess I had no choice. I sat down next to her and patted her knee awkwardly. For some reason it still didn't hit me that Lia was in the room behind us in critical condition. I still believed that she was sitting on the bed flirting with the nurse and laughing off her pain because that's how tough she was.

"The Lord gave me signs and I didn't listen to them and now he is punishing me. I was so horrible to her." She sniffled.

"How is the Lord punishing you when Lia is the one hurt?" I asked.

"She's my baby girl, no matter what I said to her she's my baby girl, my first born and I love her to death, I just couldn't accept the fact that she was so sinful." She cried more.

"You hurt her a lot." I said stupidly.

"I know that! I said such nasty things to her, I was just scared but I always knew Lia was different ever since she was little, I knew she wasn't going to be the girly girl I wanted her to be. I was just so scared that it was happening to me again."

At this point I'm a little uncomfortable because I have never met Lia's mother before and she's unloading everything on me.

"Again?"

"My mother divorced my father and married a woman, I didn't understand it, the kids at school would laugh at me because I had two mothers and I thought it was unnatural and weird. When I turned 18 I ran away from home and I ran to the church where they helped me, I always told Cecelia and Abigail that she died a long time ago. I haven't seen my mother since the day I left." She broke down into more tears.

"You lied to your children?" I asked.

Just then the nurse walked out the room and looked at us sympathetically as Abby and Alex came rushing up to us.

"Cecelia is currently in a medically induced coma due to the swelling inside her head but I can only allow two people in the room at a time." The nurse said.

Alex tapped my arm and motioned for me to walk into the room. My body began to tremble as I placed my hand on the door knob, I don't know why but I still couldn't believe that Lia was in a coma and lying there in pain.

She was just way too strong.

As I entered the room I immediately began to break down as tears at the sight of Lia.

She had different needles and things all in her arms, she had a neck brace on and a large tube in her mouth. What made me cry the most was the sight of her face. She had a black eye and different cuts and bruises all on her beautiful face. I walked up next to her bed and placed my hand gently on her cheek.

I examined her entire body. You could now clearly see the harm scars on her arms, legs and shoulders. She seemed to have new cuts and bruises everywhere on her body.

"Lia im so sorry." I cried out as my tears dripped onto her arm.

Her now not so short hair was wild and pointed in every direction. I looked at her heart monitor and noticed it was beating normally.

At least she was still alive.

Alex walked up next to me and placed a arm around my shoulder.

"Lia if you can hear me, its me Alex. I know you still probably hate me but I will still visit you everyday even if that means when you wake up you'll attack me I don't care Ill visit you everyday." Alex said.

I didn't know what to say, what was there to say.

Wake up?

You'll be fine?

I love you and miss you?

"Ill be here everyday too Lia. Ill visit you no matter what, even if I have to skip school." I said.

There wasn't much else to say.