40. Fun

Jian Yi was slaying the Alice part of the play and He Tian looked adorably silly as the Cheshire Cat. He was first cast as the Mad Hatter but he insisted on playing the cat so Zhan Zheng Xi got the part, which was a good idea because he had a lot of scenes with Alice. Mo Guan Shan was the White Rabbit.

He didn't like it, but their classmates were adamant about putting the four of them together on stage that he chose to just shut up and hop around. In bunny ears. Fishnet leggings. And a fucking bunny bob tail. Like a bad cosplay of a bunny by an E-girl, complete with black corset, choker and other shit he can't even name. He looked ridiculous.

It was all He Tian's idea, purchased from He Tian's own pocket money and he was too shocked to protest and push through with a formal complaint.

Their Alice In Wonderland didn't exactly end up as a disaster but it took every ounce of Mo Guan Shan's determination to survive the whole play in front of the whole school. Girls were shouting at the top of their lungs when Jian Yi sauntered on-stage wearing Alice's white and blue dress, twisted into a maid costume, that showed off a big part of his long, straight legs.

He Tian sent the audience flailing like wild, headless chickens when he came out wearing striped black and purple pants, no top, just a gray and purple necktie on his neck and a black cat's ears on his head. Even Mo Guan Shan feared the possibility of a nosebleed.

Zhan Zheng Xi, who he thought was the last hope of humanity due to his reasonable nature, surprised everyone by wearing. . .

A normal Mad Hatter costume, the version played by Johnny Depp.

What an utter betrayal! They're supposed to divide the suffering between the four of them but the other three looked like they were enjoying this whole fiasco.

"Why is he wearing something normal and I'm not?!" Mo Guan Shan asked while they were waiting for their next role backstage. "I look like a transvestite! Like. . .like that guy in Rocky Horror Picture Show!"

He Tian let out a big laugh which infected the crew operating behind the scenes.

"You've watched that movie? I knew you'd get my reference! This is actually The AliceHorror Picture Show in Wonderland!"

He Tian gave everybody a high five and they rejoiced in the victory of successfully pulling off a surprise attack during the actual performance. And what's with that mouthful of a title? Like a Chinese web novel with a thousand chapters.

"Ugh, this is madness."

"That's not your line," the scriptwriter called out while checking her copy of their script.

"Shut up!" he snapped and turned to He Tian. "I will sue you."

"Hey, I'm the one naked here."

"Whose idea was it?"

"Our classmates voted for it. Come on, Little Mo. You're the cutest, you know," He Tian whispered in Mo Guan Shan's ears. "We'll eat barbecue later, my treat."

"Unlimited?"

"Uh huh," He Tian smiled his angelic smile and once again, Mo Guan Shan lost all the will to fight.

After their performance, girls flocked into their classroom to take commemorative photos while they were still in their costumes. When one girl braved the storm to ask if she could touch He Tian's abs, the boy's smile faltered but they started chanting and he gave Mo Guan Shan an apologetic look before saying yes. Girls started from poking each bump on his stomach, until it came down to full on groping that Mo Guan Shan finally snapped and drove everyone away with a broom. He pulled the other boy's wrist and they ran up to the school nurse's office.