What's done is done

Emily:
"A kiss is a kiss"
Tears sprung to my eyes. Alison's face went hard again and she refused to make eye contact.
"But it didn't mean anything. In fact, I think it worked. Paige needed to realize she didn't really love me and I didn't love her." I insisted because it was true, I kissed her because I needed to prove to myself that I didn't love Paige at all.

"You didn't have to kiss her to prove it." Alison retorted, crossing her arms.

"She kissed me and I knew it was the right moment to let her know." I replied, "Ali, please believe me. I want you to be my girlfriend. I only want you."

"No, you don't. Besides, I'm not even really into girls. I only dated you to try it out." Alison's words hit me hard and my jaw dropped in shock. She crossed her arms and stared hard at a spot by the window.

"Wow, and you're mad at me because you think that I don't love you." I said furiously.

"It's whatever." She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"No it's not. Talk to me and stop being selfish. Holding your emotions in and trying to act tough isn't going to work on me." I was getting tired of her always trying to be the tough person in these situations. She needed to stop acting like she didn't have feelings.

"I don't really care about that, I don't really care about you, and I don't really care about us." She looked at me with a blank face.

That one hurt. She knew exactly how to hit me hard, "okay then, I think you've made your point clear. At least I didn't try to intentionally hurt you, at least I tried to apologize, at least I tried to show the person who thought they were in love with me, that I was in love with somebody else." My words ended sharply and she glanced up but she wasn't going to see any more tears from me.

"Okay." Was all she said.

"Really, after all of this, that's how you end it?" I asked in shock.

"Guess so. You can leave now." She went back to staring at her spot by the window.

"If I leave now, this is the end of it all. I tried to apologize and I told you the truth. So if I leave now, it's all on you." I slowly started backing out the door.

She never said a single thing before I walked out the door of her house.