Weaknesses

Emily:
Two weeks have passed since Alison and I broke up. My other friends have tried to cheer me up and I make them believe it's working but every time I'm alone, I just curl up by myself and stare at absolutely nothing. Flashbacks of Alison and I keep running through my head like a horror film. My heart breaks every time I think of her sweet smile, or her hypnotic blue eyes, or her soft lips. I wondered if she thought of me like i thought of her. It was like I literally couldn't get her off my mind. Every thing I did reminded me of her.

I had thought about contacting her, but I needed to stay strong and she made it pretty clear that she wanted nothing to do with me.

"Em, you going to bed soon?" My mom called from the other side of my door.

"Yep. Getting ready right now." I replied perkily. I didn't need my mom to worry anymore.

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Night." I replied crawling under my covers. As soon as I shut my eyes, I was out.

I was awakened but a voice that sounded familiar.
"I called for you to come back."

I sat up quickly, my eyes adjusting to the dark, "Alison, is that you?"

Alison crumbled and her shoulders shook. I washed off any bitter tension in the room and instantly went to hug her. She tensed up but I ran my hands up and down her arms to soothe her. She cried into my shoulder.

"I can't pretend that I don't care anymore. It's too hard." Alison admitted, crying into my neck.

"I'm so sorry Alison." I muttered weakly.

"You have a lot of making up to do, but I forgive you." She looked up at me with her sky-blue eyes. And I resisted the urge to kiss her. I was going to have to earn that right back, and I knew it.

"I know, and I will." I rubbed circles around her hand, "I thought I lost you, for good." I didn't know what else to say but it was true. The thought of losing Alison forever was too much to handle.

"I'm sorry too, for the things I said. I didn't mean any of them. You're right, I am selfish and I do hold my feelings back but that's what I love most about you em. You always see the best in me and you're big on happy endings." She chewed her lip.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm just glad I have you now." I reassured her. Kissing her forehead.

"I called for you to come back but I thought you heard me and chose not to." She sobbed again, "I'm not used to chasing people Emily but you're worth it and I would chase you for a thousand miles."

"I wouldn't make you." I smiled against her head.

"I know but it's just, I've never had a weakness before and that scares me."

I knew it was hard for Alison to admit this and I respected her for that.

"I know, I'm never going to use it against you Ali. I just want you to know that I love you so much."

"I love you so much more."

"You know, I kinda like being your weakness." I teased.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" She untangled herself from me so that she could face me.

"Because I can do this," I trailed my finger up her arms and to her chin, "and make you weak."

She shivered and barely audibly whispered, "kiss me."

I didn't have to be told twice. I pressed our lips together and all the kisses that we hadn't had were put into this one. She kissed me forcefully and I kissed her back with the same intensity. Her tongue begged for entrance but I wasn't ready yet.

"You're my weakness too." I said after I pulled away from our kiss.

"I know." She smiled and the moonlight shining in from my window illuminated her face.

She was absolutely, my everything.