Chapter 28

Unbeknownst to the two who sat quietly in the garden, they were being watched by a pair of eyes. A pair of amber colored eyes that were full of a great hatred and contempt. Teeth were gnashed and hands were gripped into tight fists.

"Well sister it would seem that your recent attempt at sabotage backfired on you." Came a voice from behind the one who owned those hate filled eyes. The vile woman turned around and saw her green eyed sister sitting across from her. She quickly put on her best fake smile.

"Why Rosie whatever do you mean?" She asked.

"Play the fool all you wish Katie but I know that eagle who attacked Charlotte the other day was you in another one of your more vicious forms. Although I'm very surprised by what you did. Normally you wouldn't make such an impulsive and obvious attack. Either you're becoming more desperate or age is finally catching up with you."

"I haven't the faintest idea of what you are talking about."

Rosie sighed.

"I find it very amusing how after all these years you still try to deceive me even though you always fail to do so. I would recognize your handy work anywhere. You've been interfering with the curse."

"Well aren't we being a bit hypocritical? If I recall you paid that girl a visit in her dreams."

"Only to assure her that she had nothing to fear."

"I say that counts as interfering."

"Maybe so but I only interfere because I know for a fact that you never play fair. You always have to cheat."

"I wouldn't have had to cheat if you hadn't of revealed that the curse could be broken."

"Liar. You would have cheated either way."

"True."

Rosie stood up and proceeded to gaze upon her nephew just as Katie did.

"You know his soul is so very much like Marie's. So clever, so charming, and so full of woe."

"It sickens me to my very core that, that beast has our little sister's blood flowing through his veins. We shouldn't have just merely cursed him, we should have just split open Marie's belly and annihilated that atrocity! Prevented it from ever being born! Oh why did you tell her how to break the curse?"

"Because I pitied her and I regretted what I had done."

"Regretted?"

"Katie we made a mistake."

"We made a mistake?!" She hissed. "Marie is the one who made the mistake! She fell in love with the filthy human who took her from us and then she decided to birth that abomination he implanted in her!"

"I'll never forget the look in her eyes when she gazed upon that man's dead corpse. I'll never forget the sound of her cries as she held his body and then pleaded with us not to let her child be born under a curse."

"It needed to be done. She needed to understand her foolishness. But she never understood, she never learned, and in the end she died a very pathetic death."

"Because of us."

"Because of love! Love made her weak! Love made her view those inferior creatures as equals to us! She was always so naive and trusting. We should have schooled her better on our superiority."

"She died hating us and she died believing we hated her. We ruined her life and I'll never forgive myself for that."

"Guilt is another thing that causes weakness you know."