Chapter 47

"How long do I have to stay like this?" Anthony complained due to being in a motionless pose for several hours.

"Hey you're the one who wanted your 'flawless body' immortalized so stop whining." Vagatha responded as she painted his image onto her canvas. "Besides I told you before we started this would take awhile."

"This isn't awhile. This is half the day."

"Don't be such a baby. I'm almost done anyway."

"You made me look good right?"

"Of course. If I didn't you would burn the painting because you refuse to allow anyone to see you as anything other than fabulous."

"You know me so well sweet wings."

She gave the canvas some more strokes with her paintbrush and added just a few finishing touches.

"Okay you can move. It's all done."

Anthony got out of his pose and went to see the results of Vagatha's work. It was a portrait of Anthony in abstract background that was made up of spiderwebs that had dew drobs caught in them.

"Impressive." He said.

"You really like it?" She asked.

"It's perfect."

"Good. Now I've painted just about everyone in the castle."

"Not everyone. You haven't painted Alastor yet."

"Anthony you know how he feels about seeing himself. If I painted him he would just get angry and tear the picture apart."

"What about Charlotte? She'd look nice in a picture."

"Yeah she would. Maybe I'll paint her sometime."

"You know some artists paint people in the nude."

"I prefer clothed models thank you very much."

"Still does that give you any ideas?" He asked when an eyebrow raise.

"No."

He took hold of her hand and kissed it.

"How about now?"

"No."

He kissed her hand again.

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

He started kissing up her arm. She fought the urge to smile but it was a futile effort.

"Oh no." She giggled.

"Oh yes." He said seductively.

"Oh no."

"Oh yes, yes, yes." He nibbled on her ear which made her jump.

"Oh no! I've been bitten by you before."

She turned to the painting but was surprised when he scooped her up.

"What are you doing?" She squealed in a laugh.

"I think you deserve a reward for making me such a marvelous painting."

"Anthony no! The painting isn't dry yet! I- Ah!"

As he carried her to over to the nearest sofa bed, he peppered her neck with kisses which caused her to go into a giggling fit. He laid her on the sofa bed and climbed on top of her. Their lips were then locked into the passionate session of French kissing.

"Oh God I've missed this." Anthony said when they stopped to breathe. "Have you?"

"I'd like to say no." Vagatha smirked. "But yes. I have missed this. I've missed you."