Ten

Jessamine smiled as she was getting dressed for a game of baseball. She smiled as she put on her hat just for it to be taken off her head causing her to look at her brother. "Seriously?" She asked him.

"Yes because I want to make sure you are okay about being there." Jasper said as she sighed. "I know you don't want to be around Bella..."

"I'm scared!" She tells him. "I don't want to ruin Kaleb's chance in being happy. If I slip up.."

"Jessamine, if Edward hears you putting yourself down, he will be upset because he hates to see you like this." Jasper said as he got her to sit down. "I'm scared myself, but I have Alice as you have Edward. Those two have been our reasons for all these years we've been with them. They've made us stronger and Edward has proved himself to you that you shouldn't put yourself down. I know you worry, but you shouldn't."

Edward leaned against the door listening. "I can't help it, Jasper."

"Yes, you can, baby." Jasper and Jessamine looked at him. "Please don't put yourself down because of some human's scent."

Jessamine looked down as Jasper looked back at her. "See. We don't want to see you get upset."

Edward walked over and hugged her. Jessamine smiled as she had the two people that proves to her that she shouldn't worry. Edward and her brother.
~~~
The others waited for Kaleb and Bella to arrive. Jessamine was throwing the ball to her brother when they heard the Jeep. Jessamine looked and walked over to her brother. "I don't think this is a perfect date for her."

"Jess..."

"She's human and there are nomads out there still..."

"Alice done said that we're in the clear." Kaleb said as Jessamine looked at him. "I'm not worried about it as long as Bella gets to know you all."

The blonde growled under her breath as she walked to her brother. Edward shook his head as he was ready to get this game over with so he can talk to Jessamine. "It's time." Alice said making Jessamine smile.

Bella watched as they played. She was impressed with Jessamine as the blonde was fast like Edward, but she knew how to trick Emmett, Edward and Kaleb. "She's fast."

"Jessamine always knew how to out run her mate and her brother. That's why it's hard to catch her sometimes." Esme says. 'She gets too carried away."

Jessamine slid into home base as Esme caught the ball. "She's safe." Bella said.

"No!" Emmett called out. "She cheats."

"I do no such thing." Jessamine said as she walked to Jasper. "It's not my fault that I'm beating you at your own game."

"Watch it, blondie." Emmett said. 'We will fight."

Jessamine smirked. "I love to see you try."

Rosalie started laughing as Jessamine stood beside her brother. "Stop!"

Edward looked at Alice before going to his mate's side. Jessamine knew what was happening and looked at Kaleb. "Wished you listened to me now, don't you?"

"Shut up."

Edward and Jasper growled as Kaleb glared at them as three red eyes walked up to them. Jessamine didn't move or speak as Carlisle spoke to Laurent. She noticed how the blonde was focusing on Bella and Kaleb. Edward read his mind and knew he was on to Kaleb and Bella. When they walked out to the field, the wind blew. "Oh no."

"You brought a snack."

Jessamine got in front of Bella growling. She may not like the human due to her scent and the fact she stuck her nose in her family's business, but she won't let her brother in law's mate get killed. "I see the games over." Laurent said as they walked away. "James."

They watched James leave causing Jessamine to stand and look at Kaleb. "Should have listened."
~~~
At the Cullens, Jessamine sat on the hood of a car waiting for the others. Edward walked over to her and kissed her head. "You did the right thing." He tells her. "I thought you would have let her die."

"He deserves to be happy too." She says. "Who am I to get in the way of that? I mean, I may not like the human, but sooner or later I will get to know her better."

"I'm proud of you." He says kissing her head as the others walked in.

"What's the plan?"

"I'm taking Bella out of town..."

Jessamine watched them explain the plan on how they were keeping Bella safe. "Jess, you and Esme wear these." Kaleb said handing over two jackets as another was given to Bella. "Please don't start, Jess."

"I wasn't planning too." She says. "You deserve happiness and if it means I have to keep the blood bag safe then I will."

Emmett tried his best not to laugh at what his sister just said as Edward smirked. Jessamine put the jacket on and walked to Edward. "Let's go."

He nodded as they ran off with Esme. Kaleb looked at Carlisle. "Why does she have to do that?"

"It's Jess." Rosalie replies.

He sighed as they left to put their plan in action.