Prologue

Jessamine was a mess. Hearing the news of her brother's disappearance was something she never imagined, but that was two years ago. Jessamine Whitlock is now a seventeen year old who enjoys her time to herself. All she wished for was for Jasper to come home.  Until one night.

Jessamine smiled as she left the church with a smile. She had cooked food for those that are hidden. She didn't care as she wanted to be with her brother. Jessamine sighed as she sat down. Looking up to the night sky with tears in her eyes and a small smile. "I know your out there Jasper. Please come home. I miss you and it's just me now."

Not knowing that he heard each word, she stood up and started walking. Jasper quickly bit his sister causing her to scream from the burning pain. "I'm so sorry Jessamine." He says as he carried her away.
~~~
Three days later, Jessamine woke up and noticed everything looked different. She was home. She got up and started walking to the living area and saw the one person she hasn't seen in two years. "Jasper?"

"Hello, Jessamine."

She ran into her brothers arms dry sobbing. Jasper held her as he knew that she was hurting. "Where were you? Why are your eyes red?"

"We're vampires, Jess. That's why I've been gone..." Jasper started telling her his story. Jessamine was shocked by every detail that was told and how he escaped. Jessamine grabbed his hand with a smile making Jasper smile knowing that they need to leave after she feeds.

This is how Jessamine's new life started.