Talk

Saturday
8:00am

I woke up this morning to see that everything was normal. And when I say normal I mean that my phone isn't blowing up with notifications about something stupid. Its been a couple of months since Vinnie moved in and nothing really happened. We would always just flirt around but nothing ever came of it. Vinnie's always in his room anyway so I don't see him too often. I'm always out at meetings and photoshoots. 

Although Timothée and I have started to talk a lot more. Though that might be because of the events that are coming up. I'm supposed to be at the VMAs tonight and then the MET Gala is tomorrow night. Timothée is supposed to be a co-chair for the MET along with Billie Eilish. I've been to the gala before but it was just last year when I turned 18. I got invited not because of fame or anything. My dad and I got invited because it still is a charity ball. People don't realize politicians and millionaires/billionaires get invited because it's still supposed to be high society event. 

I'm only going to the VMAs to show up but then I'm leaving. Get some pics then I'm out.  I'm supposed to be meeting Timothée at our hotel for dinner after the VMAs. He mentioned that he had something he wanted to ask me. 

I got up and got dressed because I actually have a bunch of last minute errands I need to do before the show tonight. I took a quick shower and threw on an easy outfit. 

I didn't bother grabbing a bag seeing as my assistant would have all my stuff anyways

I didn't bother grabbing a bag seeing as my assistant would have all my stuff anyways. I made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen to see Mia as usual. She gave me a coffee which I was grateful for. Mia's the one who takes care of me instead of the other way around. I always took care of these things when I lived with my dad. She's kinda the mom I wanted but never got. 

I took a sip of the coffee and grabbed a smoothie and made my way to Vinnie's room. I had a feeling we needed to have a talk. We never ended up talking about things so there was some tension on where we stood with each other. 

I knocked on his door and heard him ask who it was in kind of a grumpy voice.

(I'm changing her name to Athena)

Athena: Its the princess bearing a gift.

Vinnie: Come in

I opened his door and walked in setting down the smoothie on his desk then turning around to close his door. 

Athena: I brought you a smoothie

Vinnie: thanks. Whats up, ur all dolled up

Athena: I have somethings I need to do before I leave for the MET Gala.

Vinnie: Oh. You also have the VMAs tonight 

Athena: Ya I do, but enough about me we need to talk about us

Vinnie: us? 

Athena: Ya we need to talk about where we stand with each other. We kissed, had a moment, flirted with each other, and then it all just stopped.

Vinnie: oh that...

Athena: ya that... Vinnie what happened?

Vinnie's POV

Honestly I don't know what happened. I started seeing her and Mr. Hollywood together more and more and figured she would want him over me. I mean they have so much more in common. His famous for having talent and not just being good looking. They both get invited to things that I would never be invited to. They have a social status that match each other. She's a socialite/heir  and he's a famous A-list movie star. They sound like a wattpad story. 

I would never fit into her world so I started distancing myself before I get my heartbroken. Athena is literally my dream girl. She's amazing. She has this motherly nature that makes you feel safe. She puts up with Calvin, Micheal and Alex doing their dumb shit. And even though she knows it'll end in someone getting hurt she's there to pick them up. She lets us have our fun then kisses our wounds like a mother would when things go wrong. 

She listens to me ramble about my games and cars. She doesn't tell me to stop even if she has no idea what I'm talking about. 

Vinnie: I don't really know. I kept seeing you with Timothée so I figured you guys were a thing.

Athena: Oh Vinnie no I'm just friend's with him. 

Vinnie: No you guys would be good together he won't hold you back 

Athena: Wait what? Hold me back? Vinnie you wouldn't hold me back either. If you're thinking that you're not good enough you're crazy. 

See that's what I mean by she's amazing. She just knows what I'm thinking. 

Athena: ok how about this. After my first meeting with Timothée you can accompany me with everything else I have to do for the rest of the day. We'll get to spend time together and I'll also get things done. How does that sound?

Vinnie: That sounds like fun. 

Athena: Ok I gotta go for my meeting but I'll be back in an hour or so then we can leave. 

She came over and sat on my lap wrapping her arm around my neck. I wrapped my arm around her waist and squeezed her holding her a little closer. She gave me quick kiss on the cheek then got up. 

Athena: I'll see you later lover boy and drink your smoothie. 

Vinnie: Bye. 

After she left I looked over at my game and turned it off. If she's gonna be back in an hour I should get ready.