6.

It was prom night and I just got stood up. While everyone was having fun, I was trying to not cry. I looked up and saw my best friend Rafe walking over to me. "wheres dylan ?" Rafe looked at me confused. "oh uh he stood me up" I said looking down trying to hold the tears back. "well come on,come dance" He sat next to me and nudged me softly. "its fine, trust me." I looked at him and half smiled. Before rafe could say anything else his date Emily walked over to us "come on rafe lets dance" she grabbed his hands dragging him back to the dance floor, i saw him mouth out "im sorry" i looked down thinking how that could be me dancing with him. I've always liked rafe, surprised he never noticed tho. I started to cry without even knowing, Soon as i looked up everyone was giving me weird looks. "fuck." i whispered to my self running to the bathroom, soon as i got in there i started to ball.

"y/n where are you" i heard a voice and realized it was rafe.

"in here." i said knowing he was gonna make me go dance with him and his date.

"Come on y/n. just because some guy stood you up doesn't  mean you cant have fun." he punched my arm softly.

i stood up and looked at him "you know what fuck it rafe, isn't it fucking clear that i've been in love with you since freshman year ?? seeing you with all these girls hurt me so much. I just want to be Emily. i wanna be dancing with you falling in love with you rafe." i was shocked i even said that.

Rafe just looked at me and smashed his lips on mine. it wasn't rough but wasn't soft. We pulled away smiling. "ive been in love with you since freshman year to y/n." Rafe said as i smiled. "come on lets go dance now." rafe grabbed my hand as he lead the way. "what about Emily tho ?" i looked at him confused. "fuck Emily. i just want you." in smiled at his words and had the best night of my life.

after prom we went back to his house. Even tho i lived a house away from his i still decided to sleep over at his. He gave me a t-shirt and a pair of his old boxers. "I'm gonna go change in the bathroom alright??" he whispered to me as I nodded and changed. After I changed I jumped on his bed and for comfy. He came out a couple minutes later and layed next to me. he pulled me close as i wrap my arm half around him. "yk I ment what i said at there." i said nervously for his answer. "ik. and i ment what I said to" i smiled largely and closed my eyes as he rubbed my back and kissed my head. we both fell asleep shortly after.