ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚

E- what?!!!!

I'm getting adopted?! What-who would want to adopt me I don't talk to anyone I keep myself to myself. What if the hurt me like my dad, what if they don't care about me and only about the money the list is endless.

M.S- yeah pack your stuff and come down here.

I didn't know what to think, so I packed by bags, I don't really own much I just wanted my books and photos in a different bag. Once I was done a headed to Miss Stokes office and knocked on the door.

M.S- come in.

E- umm you said-

M.S- yes so Mr.Evans had chosen to adopt you, I would like you to leave your stuff in the office for tomorrow, you will go to school and when you come home Mr.Evans will be here to pick you up is that okay.

E- ye-umm yes I err I didn't expect that why me?

M.S- you deserve it just as much as anyone else Everleigh and plus you must have made a good impression.

~2 hours earlier Chris's POV~

I left Everleigh's room and couldn't help but just feel a connection there. She was this shy and guarded girl but once she starts to trust you, she loosens and actual enjoys herself. We talk for an hour or so and I learn so much about her. She likes acting, reading her favourite colour is grey and she likes to keep herself reserved. I'm going to go for it, I really want this kid in my life.

M.S- Mr. Evans how did it go.

C- very well actually, can we maybe talk in your office?

M.S- yes yes of course.

She leads me to her office and I'm starting to get nervous, I've wanted this for awhile and it's finally going to be happened.

M.S- so what is it you would like to talk about?

C- I would really like to adopt Everleigh. I felt an instant connection and would love her to be apart of my family.

M.S- wow she must have really warmed up to you.

C- you could say that.

M.S- well what you can do it sign the papers and take her with you tonight or you want wait till a day that is suitable for you.

C- can I come back tomorrow? Just so I have time to prepare things.

M.S- that is completely fine. Since you are adopting Everleigh you will need to sign these papers and this is her file.

She passed over 5 sheets of paper and I read them very carefully, then she slid over this chunky file. I started to read the file, everything seems great, amazing grade, never gotten into trouble. I then see medical and notice she has anxiety, PTSD and has night terrors.

C- on the medical it says she has anxiety and PTSD?

M.S- yes that's because of her biological family she went through a pretty rough time there.

I glance back down at the paper then back up at her to tell her to continue.

M.S- uh her father was abusive and a alcoholic, that's one of the main reasons she doesn't put herself out there because she's scared that everyone will be the same.

C- what about her mother?

M.S- personal I don't think that's my story to tell as it's a really sensitive topic for but it is all in the file if you would like to know. Just give her time and she will soon open up to about what happened she just needs to trust you first.

C- yeah that's completely fine. I will be travel obviously for my job so do you think that will bother her as much.

M.S- if she trusts you and she's with you she will be fine one thing about Everleigh as much as she maybe alone most of the time she knows we are here and aren't going anywhere, so if she knows she has you and you won't leave her she will be fine with it she's just scared to be alone.

C- I would never leave her alone, this is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

We spent some more time talking about Everleigh and the requirements for me to adopt her yes I already got approved to adopt a child but we still have to go through the requirement.

M.S- I'm sure she will be thrilled I will let her know very shortly, has a safe journey back.

C- thank you and I will I will see you tomorrow.

M.S- goodbye.

~Present Everleigh POV~

M.S- I'm proud of you Everleigh your finally getting what you need/deserve in life and I couldn't be more happy for you.

E- umm thank you I'm still in abit of shock, I didn't think this would happen.

M.S- it was always going to happen. I'm going to miss you.

E- I'll miss you too and everyone to be honest.

M.S- when you leave we will all see you off.

E- okay thank you. I'm going to bed now see you in the morning.

M.S- goodnight Everleigh.

~Next Morning~

Today is the day I'm getting adopted by Chris, I'm scared I mean of course I'm scared who isn't when the get adopted? I'm excited but also sad to say goodbye to this place I've only been here for 2 years not as long as other people but I feel like I've been here my entire life, I don't really know what I'm going to do without this place and especially without Becky, we don't talk all the time but she's my only friend here and it's going to be weird not being able to talk to her. She took the news well when I told her, yes she was sad I would if it was the other way round but she give me a hug and told me she's going to miss me and that she will try and stay in touch.

B- well it's today how do you feel?

E- I'm good but nervous, I don't know what to expect.

B- you will love it, don't go into it negatively and enjoy it the best you can.

E- thank you Beck I don't know what id do without you.

M.S- kids school come one.

We all start walking out the door towards the bus when Miss Stokes grabs my hand.

M.S- did you pack everything last night?

E- yea my bags are in your office.

M.S- okay just making sure you don't forget anything. Have a great day and come straight to the office when your back.

E- I will see you later.

It's just a typical day at school, keeping my head down getting on with my work and the bitchy girls who think they run the school as always there nothing special I don't know why they think they are.
I do get picked on here and there by them but that's only because I don't have parents well that's going to change today and hopefully Chris moves me schools or even better homeschools me that would be great and that means not having to deal with the constant loudness and all the self centred people I would be able to focus and spend as much time as I want on the stuff and not just an hour.
I've been in my thoughts all day and it's finally the end of the school day, it's never fine this fast before but I guess that's just the nerves talking. The bus has it's final stop and that's where we all get off and walk back to the orphanage.
Once I get in I start walking to the office, I place my hand on the door handle and before I walk in I take a couple deep breaths and eventually walk in.

M.S- your here, thought you got lost.

E- nope 'I said with a nervous chuckle'

I turn my head and see Chris smiling at me so I return the favour and smile back.

C- hey.

E- hi.

C- you ready to get going?

E- yeah just let me say goodbye.

Thank you for reading this chapter and
Don't forget to vote lovely's xx