Chapter 1

It was a dark but clear night, and the party downstairs was in full swing. Nobody had noticed that the host was no longer at the party, but up in his bedroom gasping for air. Finally, he drew his last breath in agony and fell to the floor. A dark hooded figure moved across the room towards the window, then skillfully jumped down without making a sound, and disappeared into the night as a blood curling scream rang out of the mansion.

The mansion was soon surrounded by police cars, and the officers were trying to keep everyone calm and hopefully get some clues. Sapnap took in a deep breath, stepped out of his car, and onto the crime scene.

"What have you got for me Karl?"

"Other than the fact that the victim was poisoned, nothing."

"That's it, nothing else?"

"I'm sorry Sap, the murder was just as clean as the other 3."

Sapnap let out a sigh of defeat, "The chief is not gonna like this."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Philza rubbed his temples, hoping to soothe his headache as he leaned back on his chair. Being the Chief of the US branch was not easy. He had just gotten off a call with the UN ministry of defense head, who was yelling at Philza to hurry up and catch this killer.

Decades ago the UN decided to form a global organization of elite detectives, assassins, and hackers, in order to take care of criminals that were above the law, or too crafty for their own good.

They were only to be used in extreme emergencies, or when the case was too important to pass on to normal law enforcement.

Over the years they have put a stop to dozens of crime syndicates that were considered a global threat, and yet here they were unable to catch this one assassin.

Philza stood up from his desk and made his way to the meeting room, he waited till everyone settled down before speaking.

"Thank you all for coming, in case you weren't informed the killer who we will now refer to as the Reaper, has claimed another life last night. Now we are under even more pressure to catch this guy. We've called on the UK branch to lend us some assistance."

"Wait a minute Sir, why that branch in particular?" One agent asked.

"One, because the Reaper has struck in the UK before he made his way here, and two, I happen to be good friends with the chief. They won't be arriving until a couple more days, so we might as well start our investigation."

Karl decided to speak up, "but Sir, the Reaper leaves nothing behind, not a single fingerprint or speck of dust that we can use to trace him."

"Well we'll just have to try harder, we don't have much of a choice. Unless..." Philza trailed off and started staring at Sapnap, everyone in the room did the same as well.

Sapnap tried his best to ignore their stares, making himself busy with his phone.

It's not going to work, and I'm not going to do it. If I keep ignoring them maybe they'll think of something else, Sapnap thought.

Philza cleared his throat "Agent Sapnap..."

It was worth a try...

Sapnap let out a sigh "Fine," he whined. "I'll talk to him but I can't guarantee that he'll do it."

Philza felt a bit relieved, if Sapnap was successful they might just have a shot in catching the Reaper.