Chapter 19

George woke up from the best sleep he's ever had in a while, he wondered why he felt so safe and warm.

It took him a minute to figure out that it was because he and Dream were cuddling.

George shot out of bed in surprise, immediately regretting it as he was hit with a wave of dizziness from the sudden movement, and the pain from his injury shooting up his leg. He had made so much noise, it was a wonder that he didn't wake Dream up.

He tried to think back to what happened last night, and what events had lead them to not only sleeping in the same bed, but actually holding each other.

His face heated up when he remembered what he said and did to Dream, the year of practically sleepless nights and being touched-starved have finally taken a toll on him. He wanted to bang his head on the wall, but that might just wake Dream up.

He saw Dream shifting around in his sleep, his arm moving around the area that George had slept on, looking for the warmth that had suddenly disappeared.

George quietly walked over and pulled the blanket, that had fallen off when he jumped out earlier, over Dream and tucked him in. He placed his hand gently on Dream's cheek, and watched as the blonde started to relax and fall back to sleep.

With a smile he stood back up and went to his backpack, that he had placed in the corner of the bedroom, and brought it out to the living room table.

He couldn't grab much due to the surprise raid, but at least he got the essentials. He took out his laptop, that seemed to sustain no damage from the chase yesterday, and plugged it in, then he started to run a program.

They're moving fast, I need to hurry and find more information before it's too late, George thought as he let the program run while he got started on breakfast.

He opened the fridge and sighed at the sight, since Dream was in such a hurry yesterday he wasn't able to buy much, they most likely would have to go shopping soon. George did the best he could with the ingredients available, and just when he finished setting up the table, out walked a still very sleepy Dream.

"Good morning," George greeted with a smile.

George let out a small yelp when Dream suddenly wrapped him in a hug, "I thought you left again," he said, his voice still sounding husky from just waking up.

George returned the hug, "Sorry about that, I wanted to get started with breakfast."

They both sat down and ate in a comfortable silence. After eating, Dream offered to wash the plates while George returned to his laptop.

George was starting to get a bit frustrated as his search continued to pop up empty. I need to find him, George said in his head, there has to be some trace of him left behind.

"What are you doing?" Dream suddenly spoke up from behind him, making George jump.

"Dream you scared me!" George yelled.

Dream look amused for a minute before he saw what was on George's screen.

"Who are you looking for?" Dream asked.

George turned to the side, he didn't want to see the disappointed look on Dream's face.

"Are you really going to continue killing people?" Dream asked, his voice laced with sadness.

When George didn't answer Dream sat on the couch with him.
"George look at me," Dream said.

The gentleness in his voice stirred something in George, but he still refused to meet Dream's eyes. Dream let out a sigh then reached for George's chin, pulling it upwards and forcing the brunette to look at him.
Dream brought his other hand up and cupped George's cheeks.

The brunette wanted to lean into Dream's touch, but his brain reminded him that he had a task to do.

"I'm sorry Dream but this is something I have to do," George whispered.

He gently removed Dream's hands from his face and stood up from the couch. He was about to take his laptop and move somewhere else when Dream's arms wrapped around his waist.

"I can't just stand here and let you do this, I know you witnessed many things when the incident happened but that doesn't give you an excuse to go murdering people." Dream choked out, he was trying to not get emotional.

"That's not why I'm doing this Dream," George answered, removing Dream's arms from his waist.

"Then why, why won't you tell me what's going on? I care about you so much and I know Sapnap feels the same way, so please just tell me." Dream asked tears forming in his eyes.

George looked down, "why.." he whispered so softly that Dream almost didn't hear it.

"Why do you care so much about me, I practically abandoned you and Sapnap for an entire year. Why do you trust me so much, anyone in your agency would have arrested me, no questions asked... Why Dre-"

George was cut off when Dream's lips connected with his. George just stood there shock for a few seconds before returning the kiss. It was slow and sweet, and the brunette felt his knees go weak. He was thankful that Dream was holding him so he wouldn't sink to the ground.

After a while George broke the kiss to breath. Dream placed his forehead on George's, as he smiled down at the man that he's loved for so long.

"Does that answer your question?" Dream quietly asked, he then brought George's hands to his lips and planted a kiss on them.

"I asked you a question a year ago, the night before the incident do you remember what it was?" Dream asked, George blushed and nodded.

Dream cupped George's cheek and the two stared at each other for a moment before the blonde continued.

"Can I get my answer now?" Dream asked with a smile. George gently pulled Dream down and kissed him again.

"Does that answer your question?" George replied playfully when they broke away, returning Dream's smile.

Dream felt his heart burst with happiness and brought his lips back to George's. The brunette smiled into the kiss and ran his fingers through Dream's dirty blonde hair.

Dream placed his hands on George's hips and slowly pushed him backward. The back of George's knees hit the couch causing him to fall, taking Dream down with him.