Chapter 14

Dream didn't mean to cry, but he couldn't help it. Confronting George alone was definitely not a good idea when he was still not emotional stable.

He was surprised at how George reacted when he started crying. He fully expected the brunette to brush him off and escape, but instead the assassin stayed and held him.

Dream pulled his hair in frustration, he knew that he had to stop George, but the thought of him being the reason that George was probably going to spend the rest of his life in prison was hurting him.

Was his judgement being clouded by his remaining feelings for George?

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard someone call his name, he looked up to see a man approach him. Even though the man was wearing a mask, Dream knew that it was Sapnap.

He quickly placed his own mask back on, in an attempt to hide his now puffy red eyes, then cleared his throat.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Sapnap.

"I could ask you the same thing," The raven head replied in a cheerful manner.

"We believe that the host of the party is next on the Reaper's list. We didn't want to disturb you since you looked so drained last night."

"Thanks for the concern but I'm fine, I need to catch this guy before he kills more people," Dream said, hoping he sounded determined enough so Sapnap wouldn't suspect that something was wrong.

Just then someone started talking to Sapnap through his earpiece."That was Karl, he said that the host complained about feeling sick and headed to the restroom, Karl's there right now."

As they both headed to the restroom, Dream remembered that George had handed the host a drink earlier, Did he put something in it?

They found Karl leaning on a wall, with eyes on the restroom door.

"He's been in there for quite awhile now," Karl pointed out when the two agents reached him.

"Did anyone else go in?" Dream asked.

"Yeah, a few people," came the reply.

Dream immediately opened the door and went in, Sapnap and Karl followed, confused to why the blonde seemed to be in a hurry. They weren't particularly excited at the thought of listening to a guy throw up.

All the stalls where empty except one, Dream stooped down and saw the man inside the stall laying completely still on the floor. He kicked the door open, much to the surprise of the other two, and bent down to check for a pulse. The other two gasped when they saw the sight.

"Looks like someone snapped his neck," Dream concluded.

"It's my fault, I should have followed him in," Karl said, hanging his head in shame.

"It is not your fault, you didn't know that this would happen," Sapnap stated, trying to console his partner.

Just then they heard the roar of a motorcycle right outside, spotting a small window on the upper part of the wall nearby, Dream immediately grabbed the ledge and pulled himself up, just in time to see George seated on a motorbike.

The brunette met his eyes and two just stared at each other for a moment. George then placed on his helmet and drove out of the alley way.

"Sapnap, have the agents outside flag a black motorcycle that just left the alley way," Dream said as he landed perfectly on the floor.

The three of them ran out as Sapnap gave the orders through his earpiece. Once outside Karl headed to his car while Sapnap jumped into Dream's. The other agents had informed Bad and Skeppy who were currently tracking George using their new program.

"How did this guy get out of the restroom without Karl noticing?" Sapnap asked.

"My guess is that he managed to crawl out of that tiny window. It isn't that big but if the person is small and flexible enough they can make it through." Dream replied.

The hackers informed Sapnap that they were close, and they soon spotted the black motorcycle.

I need to make sure he does nothing stupid, Dream thought, as he sped up.

Just then they saw the bike turn into another alley way. "That way leads to a brick wall" Skeppy informed them, "beyond the wall is the town's harbor."

Dream parked his car right in front of the alley to block it off, then they quickly got out of the vehicle. Dream watched as George stood up on his still moving bike, before using it as a jumping pad in an effort to get over the wall.

George was a few inches short, but he was able to get a good grip on its ledge as his motorcycle crash into the wall below him.

"Freeze," Sapnap commanded pulling out his gun and aiming it at George.

George didn't listen and started to pull himself up. Before Dream could stop him, Sapnap fired his gun hitting the brunette, and causing the latter to yell in pain.

George gritted his teeth as he struggled to pull himself over the wall, then fell down with a loud thud on the other side.

Dream and Sapnap quickly headed back to the car and drove at top speed to the harbor, informing the other agents to head there too.

Dream silently prayed that the bullet missed anything vital and George would be alright.